Interesting comment by Les Miles...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by locoguano, May 10, 2006.

1. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

I have no problem recruiting just La, Ms, Fl, and Tx. That's is where most of our roster is from anyway. Why waste time with the rest of it. Hell we went to Cali to get Clausen so he could be our 3rd string QB, lotta good that did us.

The speed is in the south. The SEC is speed so why leave the south looking for it.

2. youcandoit1687

youcandoit1687 Founding Member

have u seen pix of that guy? holy crap he is ugly lol. not sure i would have wanted him on our team for that reason alone. also if u read his quotes on i think scout.com, he seems to have more than a mean streak, more like a killing streak.

3. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

Sounds like the perfect linebacker to me.

4. youcandoit1687

[​IMG]
    Gbadyu: "I've got great speed to get to the ball. And when I get to the ball, I'm out there to take the other players' head off and hurt him because he's there to hurt me. That gets me real angry, so when I take the field and I think that, I just get downright furious. I'm out there to put on the hurt and take people out of the game.

Gbadyu reports a 2.5 GPA/first-time SAT and ACT in the fall--Gbadyu said he is also taking summer school courses in English 9 and English 10 to bring up his GPA

i dont know about his school but my english 9 and english 10 classes have been extremely easy. as a fb player, that quote up there doesnt sound like an aggressive player, that sounds like someone who has a bad reputation throughout the other teams, a reputation for a being a dirty player. who was the guy who choked jim sorgi a couple years back from ohio state?

5. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

The "Gold Coast" of recruiting has always been the I-10 corridor: Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and Florida. That is where the bulk of our recruits come from. Florida and Texas are both recruiting gold mines. So that is where I would put the bulk of my energy. But I would not limit my energies to those 4 states. If we see an 5-star athlete that can fill a position we need, go for him, regardless of what state he lives in.

6. youcandoit1687

colleges like LSU sent letters to pretty much anybody who is 4 or 5 star. they sent one to a recruit at my school who is already committed to UCLA(Courtney Viney). he hadnt even looked at the letter because he ahd so many. in his pile, i also saw penn state, nebraska, etc. scout or rivals dont have rankings yet but some say that he is the best CB in california and having watched him in practice and played with him, he is really fast and instinctive.

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

What makes recruits from out of state open a letter from LSU? I think it's clear that Nick's National Championship, Skip's 5 NC's, the LSU men and women in the Final Four all have contributed to major LSU exposure nationally. Shaq has been very big for LSU visiblity. But that Louisiana connection always helps.

8. youcandoit1687

on the envelope at the bottom left it says football national champions 1958 & 2003. it prob doesnt help that the coach here is tim mcdonald from USC lol. i think it should say more on the envelope. basketball baseball track. our dominant(sometimes) sports. the track is a huge draw for the guys like breazell and carter and trindon holliday.

9. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

I'll take the best that Louisiana and Mississippi has to offer every year over crossing the nation to land a select few of the best of the best. A quick look over NFL rosters supports that theory.

10. CParso

CParso Founding Member

5 star athletes are going to get letters from everybody, including LSU, and if they show interest we will of course return it, but if they are more than 5-6 hours away with no Louisiana ties, it is going to be wasted energy 95% of the time.