Interesting commentary

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Jetstorm, Dec 12, 2002.

1. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=29961

To me it kind of describes the situation we find ourselves in now. And the religious component is even more obvious, considering our enemy now is a radical form of Islam that will not even tolerate the existence of any other faith on this planet. Parallels between the Kaiser and Hitler and Saddam Hussein come to mind as well. Gives new meaning to "What Would Jesus Do?" Apparently the question goes back much farther than the fancy bracelets.

2. JD

JD Founding Member

Another covert call....

for a theocracy from the freedom haters among us. (or maybe not so covert).
    Which nation is the most directly threatened from all of this - Israel - Christian Israel.
    As for the Kaiser - the man needs a history lesson - the Kaiser was exactly ZERO threat to the U.S. and wouldn't have been a threat to our interests had France, and to a lesser extent Britain, not pined for a war for 20 years - once they started it, we were forced to extricate Britain and France from the mess they got themselve into.
    Comparing this situation to Hitler? Geeze - is he marching through Western Europe? Is he lining up Christians for the gas chamber.
    This kind of nonsense actually weakens the case severely weakens the case to do something about Hussein. If they lie and exaggerate this much, what else are they lying and exaggerating about.
    And I notice with interest that at the outset of his piece, he immediately takes the FACT that Jesus was poor out of the equation - once again to marginalize people.
    In my opinion, freedom hating freaks like this guy are about the furthest thing from Christianity there is.
    I think he should join up with Pat Robertson on his next "christian" mission to loot Africa of their wealth.

3. JD

JD Founding Member

And...

One of the great things about this nation is that there is freedom of religion; anyone can practice their religion practically any time, anywhere. That the name "christian" in political realms has been usurped by right wing freaks who are decidedely anti-Christian, won't dampen by love of Christ and His teachings.

4. Mr. Wonderful

Mr. Wonderful Founding Member

Re: And...

Like those sick right wing bastards like TuWho? who champion his so-called Christian-based moral police who interrupt Senator Thomas from exercising his rights as an American. I bet Phyllis Schaffly was behind that law.