Interesting comparison Miles to Mack Brown

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BP, Dec 10, 2009.

1. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Of course a possible factor in why none of them will be perfect is that they are coaching college kids, not 4 mill/yr NFL players. Not that this is an excuse, just one more contributing factor.

2. Weisguy

Weisguy Veteran Member

Brown won 1 NC, was robbed of the title shot last year even though Texas beat Oklahoma on a neutral field, and is playing for another NC.

According to this logic, then Pete Carroll and SC have underperformed given all their talent.

3. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

i dont think you get it. god almighty, himself, has underperformed if he is being compared to coach les miles.

1 person likes this.
  4. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Cerntainly with all the god given talent in this universe, if the right god were running things we wouldn't have all the problems we have. I just don't know of any active god out there that has done a better job. It is apparent that we, tge human race, have under performed.

5. sugarlsu

sugarlsu Founding Member

No, it is not, because in that game the LSU quarterback is the one who messed up. Everyone missed this. The QB did not call for the snap, but got under center with the clock running, and wasted the time. The other reason it is not the same is because when we completed the pass we won the game. If TX had completed the pass they would have run out of time and lost.

1 person likes this.
  6. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Very key point--one that my a good friend who's a UT alum mentioned on Monday morning when taking my UT shirt order.

7. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Brown is now the highest paid college football coach in the coutry at $5 million/yr.

1 person likes this.
  8. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

Nice. Hook 'em Horns.

9. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

Mac Brown is the biggest squanderer (is that a word?) of talent in college football. With players he has they should get to the NC every year in the weak ass big 12.

1 person likes this.
  10. dudley

dudley oops!

Mack "no respect" Brown won it in '05 by beating The "greatest team of all time" in their own back yard, he's back this year, and he should have been there last year. As far as the weak ass Big 12, as bad as I hate to say this, Oklahoma took it to the great Florida team last year and if not for a couple of goal line stands by Florida they would have won. At the half I thought Oklahoma was the best team. I can't think of any SEC-Big 12 matchups this year except Okie State beat Georgia if I remember correctly.

Brown gets no respect because he is cornbread and collard greens and he's fun for the talking heads to make fun of when they should instead be concentrating on improving their bobble head skills.

1 person likes this.