Interesting link.....

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Biggles, Apr 11, 2003.

1. Biggles

Biggles Founding Member

2. Bestbank Tiger

Bestbank Tiger Founding Member

I got Economic -0.38, Libertarian -1.85

3. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

Economic Left/Right: 0.25
    Authoritarian/Libertarian: -1.44

4. Hi-C

Hi-C Freshman

pretty much to the center my self (although to the bottom right side)... Economic 1.62, Authoritarian -0.87

5. InVinoVeritas

InVinoVeritas Founding Member

Economic Left/Right: 3.38
    Authoritarian/Libertarian: -0.26

6. JD

JD Founding Member

Economic - exactly a 0; -2.82 on the other question. A couple of the questions were strange.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Most of the questions on this test are incredibly ambiguous On many of the questions I had to check agree or disagree based on the general principals implied by the way the questions are framed Many of the queations I had to agree with becuase they were prhased in generalities I can think of specific examples that I would strongly disagree with that would negate my response that agreed with the basic principal of the question. For example, while I am against abortion in most cases the question makes you make a choice that puts you in the favor abortion column if you disagree that the only way tht abortion should be permitted is if the mothers life is in danger. What about rape or incest?

How about the question - Those with the ability to pay should have the right to higher standards of medical care and education.

A loaded question - I is not a matter of "the right to better medical care and education" We all have the right to those "things no matter what our economic status. Sure the rich can afford to go to world famous doctors and send their kids to the best schools but the majority of the middle class have medical insurance and can pay for their kids college education according the kids can academically qualify to be admitted. Even poor folks have "the right to those things" even if they don't have the werewithal to pay for them. Of course the economically disadvantaged should be afforded access to quality medical treatment. While some privileged sons and daughters from wealthy and/or influention parents might be admitted to Harvard or Stanford even though they lack the qualifications there are plenty of scholarship opportunities for those who have the intelligence and drive to rise above humble begginings

Abstract art that doesn't represent anything shouldn't be considered art at all."

What the hell does that one mean?

"In criminal justice, punishment is more important than rehabilitation"

In most cases rehabilitation doesn't work and is a waste of time and money for social workers listening to convicts who know how to say what the social workers and probation officers want to hear. In most cases the only thing accomplished by incarceration is turning the incarcerated into a more accomplished criminal. That and keeping people who are a danger to society off the streets for a few years. It would be great if there was a syatem to turn potential carrer criminals into productive citizens but it just dosen't work that way.

"The businessman and the manufacturer are more important than the writer and the artist."

More important for what? economic stimulus or cultural enlightenment?

"It's fine for women to have careers, but their first duty is to be homemakers."

This question belongs in the 19th century. If you agree you get 50 MCP (Male Chauvinist Pig) points and 100 MCP points if you strongly agree. If I disagree with this one it dosen't mean I believe that Martha Burks should play in the Masters

"Astrology accurately explains many things."

Is this question for real?

"The rich are too highly taxed."

What is the cutoff point for being declared rich? The superrich pay less taxes because they can afford the best tax lawyers and accountants and because they have access to influencing legislators into sponsoring advantageous tax laws. But what about a guy who owns a business and makes $500 k a year after expenses or $200 k? Is it fair that they pay a lot higher percentage of their income because they are industious and ambitious enough to create businesses that provide employment than somebody who who works at a job for $40 k - $100 k ?

8. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

I was basically thinking the same thing. I had a debate on several questions where my response wasn't an absoloute one way or the other.

9. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Economic -.075 (Damn!)
    Authoritarian/Libertarian 2.00

10. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

Such are the limitations of cute on-line (or in Cosmo) personality quizes that try to quantify people.