Interesting Poll on Non-LSU related Baton Rouge newsite re: John Brady...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerEducated, Mar 22, 2005.

1. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

With 807 viewers responding over the past 12 hours of the poll being up (one vote total per unique page view), over 570 have said that Skip Bertman should not keep John Brady as the head coach of the LSU Men's Basketball Team.

We have no right to complain. We have no right to say anything as fans. We should shut our yaps and support blindly...Right SF?

I just find this poll interesting as www.daily-report.com is DEFINITELY not an LSU related website, but is more of a "hard core" daily local news and views crowd who wants more than WBRZ & WAFB talk about...

It's a interesting poll...I encourage you to click the link!

2. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

I voted to keep him just to tick you off! :thumb: :rofl: :cool:

Thanks for reading, and thanks for posting on TigerForums.com :geauxtige

3. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

Your obsession with John Brady is amazingly embarrassing.

4. Carface

Carface What the...?

Just saying, as per my social psychology professor, these types of polls (online, CNN TV polls, etc) aren't the best since it doesn't have an accurate sampling of people. I.e. only the viewers of the site or the television show participate in the polls, therefore skewing the results to give a misconception that that is the populus opinion.

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Well, has Skip fired him yet? If not I'd say this poll has about as much impact as one of your rants.

6. BB

BB Founding Member

Honestly, I think this one of those emotional topics that can't accurately be polled online. People, like myself, who feel Brady has done enough to remain at LSU for another year are not compelled to click and vote. Those who know they will not get their way will click until they are blue in the face as opposed to dealing with it and moving on.

If you were to go tailgate to tailgate in the Fall with a pen and notebook to poll the fans in person, I think you would find a much different outcome...

Remember how the exit polls spelled certain doom for George W. Bush?

7. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

and they were right, except the Republicans rigged the election! :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

8. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

This is yet ANOTHER senseless thread about TE's obsession with one John Brady. It seems that the people that hate JB, like TE, talk about him a lot more then those who like John Brady. I like JB, but I dont start love threads about him. But, those who hate him continuously start threads that voice the displeasure with JB. Then, they look up polls on those who dont like Brady. It's getting old. The guy will be here next year, deal with it. How can a website in Baton Rouge be Non-LSU related? Everything in this town runs through LSU. They should just change the name from Baton Rouge to LSU. So, even though your poll is allegedly non-lsu, everyone in this town knows about situations at LSU. This thread is pointless.

9. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Shhhh don't tell Aubarn fans what else is on the website TE linked to:

TODAY'S HEADLINES
    March 22, 2005

Townhomes to replace trailers on Nicholson near LSU
    Developer Chris Eddy and a partner plan to buy a two-acre trailer park on Nicholson Drive and build a 37-unit gated townhome complex called "Red Stick Lofts." The site is on the west side of the street, between LSU and downtown, south of Magnolia Mound and next to a Chinese restaurant. The parcel has no river access. Eddy hopes to close by April 5. He is waiting for the existing owner to remove the remaining six mobile homes.

http://www.daily-report.com/dailyreport.cfm

10. BB

BB Founding Member

Where will Auburn Athletic Teams stay when they come to BR now? I thought that Mobile Home Park was part of some Auburn / LSU exchange program...