Interesting quotes from Sooners Illustrated!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by MiketheTiger69, Jan 25, 2004.

1. MiketheTiger69

MiketheTiger69 Founding Member

"LSU was really, really good, easily the best team OU faced all season."

"KSt's defense was pretty darn good. And LSU's defense was the best in the country this year. Sorry, that's better than OU's, too".

"The 2004 national title game is the 2005 Orange Bowl. OU's as good a bet as any to get there. Early prediction? It wouldn't be too far-fetched to see the SOONERS and Trojans square off in Miami".

Those from George Schroeder.

"Hey 12-2 is a pretty good record, for most schools. But Bob Stoops has stressed over and over again OU is about winning championships."

"I still think the KSU game was a fluke. Meanwhile the loss to LSU was no fluke at all. The Tigers were a better team than the Sooners. OU took home most of the individual honors but it was LSU that captured the most important-the national championship."

I can't believe Al Eschbach was so complimentary of the Tigers!!!

"They (Tiger fans) have this little thing where they yell "tiger Bait" over and over again at fans of the other team. I'm pretty sure they stole that from Florida's "Gator Bait"."

"You would have thought, the way they were acting all weekend before the game, that they had already won the game, and that they had won the last four or five national titles. They were that obnoxious about it." (Man, is this is a case of the pot calling the kettle black or what?)

"In the end, the fact is that now LSU has two national championships (or 1 1/2, if you prefer) while we have seven. We have lost more national championship games than LSU has or likely will ever even play in. We don't usually do very well when we have to play for the title in what is basically a home game for the other team."

These and another quote to be found on "Wouldn't let me post on the Sooner board" post are by Road Warrior.

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!

LSU, 2003, BEST IN THE NATION AND THE SEC!!!!!

:geaux: :helmet: :lsug: :helmet: :geaux:

2. Jwho77

Jwho77 Founding Member

It is so funny that Tiger Bait chants bother OU people so much. They are fun and totally harmless, yet some of those people compare it to assault. Oh, and they think a program with a longer and more prestigious history stole our chant from UF. Sure, just like we stole Tigers and Death Valley from Clemson. Riiiight.

3. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Tell them to watch Everybody's All American.

4. mgreer1

mgreer1 Founding Member

They sound like Auburn fans.

5. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

Thats where they got most of it from. Leading up to all of our games this year, the aubies were on our opposing teams board prior to LSU vs. whoever and fillin them in on everything they thought they should know. They just did it even more with OU. Phuck OU:cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

6. ramah

ramah Founding Member

#1------------------Sorry, that's better than OU's, too".

LMAO at poor Stoops and the other #1 Dee PRETENDERS. OU WAS ranked #12 in the end, #11 at the time of the arrogance.

#2------------------"The 2004 national title game is the 2005 Orange Bowl. OU's as good a bet as any to get there. Early prediction? It wouldn't be too far-fetched to see the SOONERS and Trojans square off in Miami". Those from George Schroeder.

LMAO at George Shroeder ... OU with Jason White at QB won't get anywhere near the Orange Bowl ... chisel this into stone.

"Hey 12-2 is a pretty good record, for most schools. But Bob Stoops has stressed over and over again OU is about winning championships."

#3--------------------Yeah, yeah, yeah ... it's all about #8 & Brasso.

"I still think the KSU game was a fluke. Meanwhile the loss to LSU was no fluke at all. The Tigers were a better team than the Sooners. OU took home most of the individual honors but it was LSU that captured the most important-the national championship."
    I can't believe Al Eschbach was so complimentary of the Tigers!!!

#4 -------------------------KSU game was still a fluke? Wait till they beat their arses again this year. The KSU game was a roadmap to Destroy White & OU. They'll all line up to smash what's left of the OU "MYTH" this year. Retribution for Stoops & the Hang half a hundred gang is coming ... and they'll Hang 'em High.

"They (Tiger fans) have this little thing where they yell "tiger Bait" over and over again at fans of the other team. I'm pretty sure they stole that from Florida's "Gator Bait"."

#5 ----------------------Pathetic, sounds like a Tulame fan

"You would have thought, the way they were acting all weekend before the game, that they had already won the game, and that they had won the last four or five national titles. They were that obnoxious about it." (Man, is this is a case of the pot calling the kettle black or what?)

#6 -------------~A~C~T~I~N~G~ again. LSU is no ACT, no smoke & mirrors here like overhyped OU

"In the end, the fact is that now LSU has two national championships (or 1 1/2, if you prefer) while we have seven. We have lost more national championship games than LSU has or likely will ever even play in. We don't usually do very well when we have to play for the title in what is basically a home game for the other team."

These and another quote to be found on "Wouldn't let me post on the Sooner board" post are by Road Warrior.

#7 ------------------Violins ... muahahahahhahaha

If LSU does see OU again in a few years when they have a real QB, they'll be just as arrogant and clueless as they were this year.

Only two in the entire OU forums saw it coming.

7. Sooner70

Sooner70 Freshman

WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?

Right after the Sugar Bowl, a couple of LSU fans still in their purple & gold NC splendor took a Continental Airlines flight to Houston. One took a window seat, and his buddy was next to him. Just before takeoff, a disheveled and downtrodden stand-by Sooner fan, OU cap in hand, boarded and plopped down in the aisle seat next to the ebullient Tigers. After takeoff, the Sooner took off his shoes, leaned back trying to forget the debacle he'd just witnessed in the Super Dome. Pretty soon, the window Tiger said "I need to get up & get a beer". "Don't get up" said the Sooner , "I'm in the aisle & it's easier for me just to go get it for you." As soon as he left, one of the Tigermen picked up the one of the Sooner's shoes and spit in it. When he returned with the beer, the other Tiger said, "That looks really good, I'd like one too. Again the Sooner obligingly went to fetch it. While he was gone the other Tiger spit in the other shoe and replaced it right where it was before. As the plane was landing, the Sooner slipped his feet into his shoes and knew immediately what had happened. "Why does it have to be this way?" he asked. "How long must this go on? This animosity and bad mouthing? This spitting in shoes and pissing in beers?"

8. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

I assume you witnessed this first-hand, right?

9. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

I know...but he sure is presenting it as if it took place. Besides, most LSU fans wouldn't have left New Orleans that soon!

10. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

Uhhmmm....Wouldn't the flight attendent do that for you? Or maybe they just do that for me. They would not give you the beer if you went back and asked. They would tell you to take a seat and we will bring it to you. If your going to make up a story at least get the facts straight. Like the window guy had to pee so the ailse guy went for him.