Interesting take on Bama program

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by dachsie, Dec 12, 2019.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Me too

2. LSUTiga

Her ass.

3. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

4. LSUTiga

5. asignupe99

asignupe99 Founding Member

He should still be considered WR1 and is on most boards. WR is the deepest position in the draft but there’s a decent drop off, IMO, between him and Lamb, Shennault, etc. I think the only receiver to be considered ahead of Jeudy just won the Biletnikoff and isn’t eligible. Most feel he has no weaknesses and you no longer have to be 6’3 and up to be considered the best at WR. He should go top 10.

LSUTiga likes this.
  6. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

What do you say that?

7. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

But explain the insulin part

8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Bruh, Lamb is a hoss.

furduknfish likes this.
  9. BP

BP Founding Member

Just being a smartass. I've seen too many parents (usually fathers) who were not even willing to consider that their kid might have a disability; weren't even willing to have him evaluated, much less consider the findings.... typically will say something like, "He just needs to stop goofimg off, be a man."... that's like saying a diabetic just needs to learn discipline and start producing that insulin.

Look, sometimes kids do need to grow up. Sometimes they really are just goof offs. But, sometimes there are other things accounting for the problems. You need to look at and consider all of the possibilities.

10. MikeInLa

MikeInLa Founding Member

Well, after reading her article, and all the comments, and then Joshua's own twitter post... it seems like there are way too many opinions about the situation. Everyone is going to see this from different angles and everyone is going to be right... on one hand, she is a concerned mother who may have had the best intentions in mind when she posted what she did. On the other, she publicly outed her son as an addict. I lean towards Joshua's post in this situation. He didn't intend for all this to go public and I get that.

As for the debate about ADHD drugs, well, I don't know enough about them nor have I ever experienced a situation personally where they were used in my presence. But I definitely agree with BP that everything should be done to resist the use of any drug if possible. Obviously, there are situations where the drug is beneficial (in getting a child "off the ceilings" - nice analogy by the way).

I've heard/read all sorts of crazy shit over the years about ADD, ADHD, bad, hyper kids, etc... Don't let them eat red candy. Don't let them drink kool-aid. Don't give them chocolate. My daughter was a pretty hyper kid growing up. She was disciplined the old-fashioned way - she got her butt tore up when she needed it. But we started at a young age talking to her and listening to her almost as if she were an adult. We wanted her to make decisions, and simply try to guide her to making the right decisions. We did have a doctor tell us she should be on a drug. We avoided it because frankly, I was scared to death of it due to everything I'd heard over the years. So, she was never on anything. Did she turn out ok? Yep. She made some decisions we don't really agree with, but, overall, she never got into drugs, she is respectful, has good manners, and loves her parents and I supposed that should be any parent's goal.

Anyway, I think the mother was wrong to publicize this situation. It does open a small window into things a lot of us may not get to see on the inside of these programs. And I guess there will be some drama and stuff on talk shows about this, which media will devour like Homer Simpson with a dozen donuts. Don Henley was right. People love dirty laundry. And in this day and age, anything that LOOKS bad is drug out into the open, lit on fire, and posted on youtube for the world to see.

Bengal B, furduknfish and leroy7500 like this.