International Travel

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by KyleK, Jun 5, 2016.

1. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

My 21 year old daughter has become quite the traveler. Spent a couple weeks in Belize at the start of last summer, then the remainder of the summer in Europe. She visited 6 or 7 countries there. Shorter version of that the summer before.

This year, she is headed off to Europe again and wants to go to Russia. Moscow and St. Petersburg in particular. Have any of you had any recent experience traveling to Russia? What things, if any, do we need to worry about? As she will only be there for a week or so, would she need a visa, or just show up w/ a passport? Any advice appreciated.

She is going to graduate in December so that she can then go to Africa for a few weeks before living in Madrid for 4 or 5 months before she (hopefully) starts med school. Any good travel advice for that trip, particularly Africa, would be appreciated as well.

TIA

2. Expat

Expat Veteran Member

Great that your daughter is travelling so much.

The State Dept has a good site for travel info, including visa requirements, safety, etc. It has country specific info. I've always found it reliable and accurate.
    https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/country.html

For Russia specifically, she will need a visa. She may want to read the Entry, Exit and Visa Requirement section.
    https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/country/russia.html

I've never been to Russia or Africa, so I can't help with any specifics.

3. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I have a sister who just got back from Spain. Last year, the Netherlands. Fuck that. This coonass aint traveling abroad with the state of things.

Tell her to stay the phuck away from disease-ridden Africa.

4. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

It's best for the chirens to see the world before making babies. Glad your baby girl is doing just that.

KyleK likes this.
  5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

21 year old daughter traveling to so of the hotbeds of international intrigue and to the disease ridden third world. Whatt could go wrong? She needs the protection of some menfolk. Somebody like martin

shane0911 likes this.
  6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

My advice, it's bad enough within our own borders, keep her home.

LSUTiga and HalloweenRun like this.
  7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Its not likely to get much better. Do it now so she can tell her kids how she was once able to travel freely outside their borders. And they will laugh and laugh at her while she insists shes telling them the truth.

KyleK and Bengal B like this.
  8. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

@omg, any advice?

9. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

We told you.

It would be nice if the US still had places abroad that we could call friends but that shit circled the bowl about 6 years ago. I mean why not just encourage her to go to Pakistan or Iraq ? Lots of interesting stuff to see there, real living on the edge stuff.

Hear it all the time about someone being held captive or killed or whatever and, I know my daughter won't be one of them.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

If you want martin its @Jmg