Intersting stats DiNardo Vs Saban; Saban Vs Saban, Saban etc

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by axd9142, Feb 12, 2005.

1. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

You know, it's a shame that Luvs didn't invent Pull-Ups back when you were still dealing with your bedwetting problem...Sorry to say it still rears its ugly head, manifesting itself with posts and logic brain flatulence like the one just quoted...

I became a Nick Saban fan when he beat Alabama at home in the Replay Game...The first time an LSU Football coach had accomplished an evidently not so simple feat since 1969...

I became a Nick Saban fan after I heard from Scott McKay what he told Abram Booty's pansy ass in the locker room after the UAB game...

I became even MORE of a Saban fan after I watched how he got that team to respond against Tennessee the very next week, sans both Booty's seeing the field, and ridded of Abram himself...

I became a Nick Saban fan when we shut the hell down the Battleship Lorenzen in 2000 by a 34-0 count when he said afterwards, "They were doing things on defense I'd never seen on film before...Not their film, or anyone else's, either..." I was there when he said it...

I became a Nick Saban fan when he went 8-4, and we pounded Georgia Tech and its all-world offense, shutting it out in the 2nd half of a wild comeback fueled by the emergence of two future LSU legends, and college and NFL future stars...Rohan Davey & Josh Reed...

I was at my ex's house with her family...and I remember telling her father, "That was one serious halftime adjustment, on both sides of the ball. Now when can you remember that happening?"

2. axd9142

axd9142 Founding Member

You guys just miss the point. I am not trying to prove the impossible ( that DiNardo is a better coach than Saban. It would be stupid to say that ). What I am saying is Saban did well because he was at LSU not the other way round. We owe Saban a lot but he owes us a lot too and should have stayed and won us another NC and then quit by giving us some time to win another great coach.
    Leaving so late in the day when the program was just getting built was not exactly great. Money is not everything when you are choosing between 2.4 million and 4 million a year.

3. TigerEducated

If you think money was the reason that Saban left, then you're the one who misses the point.

Have fun crunching the #'s...You and St.LouisMcDLT should get together and start a TigerForums.com math club. Get some custom pocket protectors...

4. TheDrunkenTiger

TheDrunkenTiger Founding Member

I became a Saban fan the day he signed with us and I still consider myself a Saban fan. I will pull for his teams in the pros. Why? BECAUSE HE TURNED OUR TEAM INTO SEC CHAMPIONS TWO YEARS REMOVED FROM A 3 AND F'ING 8 SEASON!!! Do you remember 1999? It sucked. I still rooted for LSU, and I always will, but losing sucks. Saban always showed class and integrity on and off the field. Making the announcment on X-mas day I gaurantee you was Hizinga's (sp?) idea as a gift to the Dolphins fans plus he doesnt care about LSU or its fans. Besides if you didnt believe Nick was going pro someday then you really have a problem. It was obvious. Hes too good and hes already had a taste of the pros as a DC.

His record at MSU=meaningless. He did quite well for a relatively low talented team at a university that is not even # 1 in the state (You know, the university of Michigan). The fact that he did as well as he did in (as you put it) "Then I saw Saban's "stellar" record at Michigan State with the Big 10 nothing like the SEC in speed and tallent". So think about this: If the Big-10 has less talent, that means what talent there is will probably go to the famed UM or Nebraska rather than MSU, really who gives a crap about Michigan State talent wise or football program prestige wise?

I would also like to throw in how you skipped over a full decade of sucking. Once again, I always pulled for LSU, but I can remember when we were bad, before Dinardo. I watched all I could and pulled for LSU all the way and we didnt win an SEC championship, much less a NC until Saban came along. So am I a Saban fan? Hell yeah. All your research proved to me was that you have far too much time on your hands. Use some of that time to check out the SEC championship trophies (X 2) and the beautiful crystal ball. Try and tell me then how little Nick did for LSU.

5. TheDrunkenTiger

TheDrunkenTiger Founding Member

Sorry for the double post, can a mod please delete this one? Thanks.

6. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

Saban truly brought the Magic back to Death Valley and LSU... whereas Dinardo could only talk about it. While comparing... look at it this way Saban was 2 points away form winning 2 more SEC Wests... and probably another SEC...

2001 - SEC Title/ BCS Win (10 win season)
    2002 - 1 pt. away from beating Ark., but would have lost to UGA (most likely) New Years Day Bowl.
    2003 - SEC Title/National Title (13 wins)
    2004 - 1 pt. away from beating AU.. may have beat UT... then maybe won BCS bowl/ as is New Years Day Bowl.

Ill take Saban and 4 straight New Years Day Bowls... and a load of competition for SEC titles... against Dinardos Independence Bowls.

7. TigerEducated

Saban's Magic Act = [​IMG]

DiNardo's Magic Act =

[​IMG]

8. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

Don't worry about the hate. Most of the hate is feed by a believe that people believe thier opinion is absolute and there is no middle ground. Dinardo did ok while here in his early years. He just could not put a staff together. Then lost the team all together in the end. Everyone loved the Magic the first couple of years.

9. Cat Squirrel

Cat Squirrel Founding Member

Have to agree.....

The only LSU football coach I never really liked was Archer because he tolerated so much shenanigens. Not too fone of Hallman, he just had no charisma, he seemed dumb. DiNardo got us out of a rut and was a pretty good coach for awhile, then made some absolutely horrid hires like Tepper.

I think Saban was a breath of fresh air in that he made good hires, runs good schemes, is a strict disiplinarian and is a good on-field coach. He also knows how to recruit.

I don't think we'll have much, if any, drop off with Les Miles. We might not have the dominant defenses of old, but we'll probably make up for it with more aggressive offenses.

10. Ralph_Wiggum

Ralph_Wiggum Founding Member

Nick coached at Michigan when he faced scholarship reductions. Dinardo never had that. Dinardo inherited a lot of talent from Curley--people should be nicer to Curley, a LOT of LSU players in the NFL were recruited and coached by Curely: Kennison, Walker, James, Mawaie, Wiley, Richey. Curely was old school, when old school was getting replaced.

Nick was moving in the right direction when left MSU for LSU. Dinardo wasn't. Gerry was just canned by Indiana and Nick is in the NFL, so there's no debate on who's the better coach.