Interview with Skip Bertman

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by fanatic, Sep 28, 2016.

1. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

2. TheRealist

TheRealist GEAUX TIGERS

Can we get Skip to hire the next coach? The guy is a winner at everything that he does. He's 2 for 2 in my opinion on football coaches.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

if yall hadnt listened do yourself a favor at the 104.5 site. still trying to catch up. skip spoke for 2 hrs basically uninterrupted. gave up all the goods.

Biggest thing I heard was the the BoS has no influence on the coaching hire. It's strictly who the AD wants and that's how it was when he was AD. Said Alleva will be the one choosing. Said he likes Alleva and his wife a lot and they are good people.

Said Petrino is a good coach but a weirdo like we thought. Personality is just a no. Good coach but thats where it ends. Also said knew he was headed to NFL. But im pretty sure he said he would interview him again today if he was AD.

Said same about kiffen- douche and doesnt fit here.

He wanted Spurrier (and urban meyer) when Saban was leaving but saban took too long and SOS eventually got nabbed by USCe. He said he wasnt aware til later that SOS was denied by the prior administration bc they questioned his snarky attitude so to spea . Didnt like him as a person. So the rumor thats why he ran it up on our ass annually was verified. We screwed him twice.

Said he sold everyone on Les because of his integrity and being a family man. Wanted to stop the carousel of replacing a guy every 4 yrs and since les had small kids he could be here a decade. Said Les would have been undefeated if not for Katrina but like we all said, respected him more how he handled that and Rita off the field. '

Also said Michigan offered Les more money and Les turned it down but would never tell anyone because he is humble. He said then president o'keefe asked him about the offer and Skip said Les is staying. Okeefe asked how does he know and Skip said because he told me he was. Okeefe flipped out in disbelief. Skip said hes a man of character and his word was good.

Also said GHW Bush called to recommend RC Slocum. They went with Chancellor jenkins to interview only because it was The President who asked but they said the job was too big for RC.

tons of other stuff. Ill type more as i remember.

he also said saban wore everyone the fuck out. just with his nonstop grating personality I suppose. said he didnt want to leave but he said hed never get another or better offer.

said wayne huizenga gave terry a half mill to furnish their new house even before saban signed. had access to the plane, helicopter, whatever they wanted. gave them a deal they couldnt refuse.

oh he also said saban was the best coach hes seen in any sport.

said jimbo would be worth every penny to get him back. Skip seems to love jimbo but nick didnt recommend him saying he wasnt ready. Jimbo was pissed. Skip gave him a token interview but said they were hiring a proven HC.

Said Jimbo and SoS can cut you up with plays because they have instincts and smarts like no other. they just have a knack in the moment to know what to do.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
    beatbama, StaceyO, MikeInLa and 2 others like this.
  4. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Saban's pissed that a coach with Miles' accomplishments got fired.

I guess he is. Makes me feel better about the decision.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  5. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

Spurrier's snarky attitude, Petrino's a weirdo....i say they're full of shit and don't know how to access a true elite football coach, same as they don't know how to access a true artist.....they'd call Picasso a bizarre asshole.

They have to refrain from hiring a new drinking and poker night buddy.

6. fanatic

In the article, it also said Skip recommended to Les to keep Jimbo as the OC, but it became evident that their offensive philosophies clashed. No real revelation there, but it does make you wonder why he hired Gary Crowton, who's about as philosophically different from Miles as they come.

7. fanatic

He should just STFU. He knows damn well the only reason he didn't want Miles fired is because he knows how to game plan for a Miles offense. He also knows damn well that, if the roles were reversed and he had Miles' accomplishments at Bama and Miles had his at LSU, the gumps would have eaten him alive by now. No way he would have made it past 1/9/12

LSUTiga and lsu-i-like like this.
  8. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

That comment from Saban is rich.

9. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

1st coach Skip mentioned this interview for replacement was Herman...LSU has and will continue to pursue him.

10. $TigerFan$

$TigerFan$ Father of CajinKid

Saban is just mad because he knows we have nothing to lose and are as talent rich as Bama. That makes us dangerous on Saturday night at home. He had already marked us as a win on the big board, now maybe not. He also wants to run us down so we don't end up with a top tier coach that can whip his ass.