Interview with Skip Bertman

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by fanatic, Sep 28, 2016.

1. MikeInLa

MikeInLa Founding Member

Can listen to it here (I'm listening now)
    http://1045espn.com/tag/skip-bertman/

CajunlostinCali likes this.
  2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Yeah, that's what I was meaning.

3. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

@tirk, thanks for the synopsis of the interview. Did Skip speak out about any of this last November? It's pretty interesting that he divulged as much as he did now.

4. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Said last November was all Aleva. Said the board was way curious, but insisted they would not direct a decision.

Listen to both hours. Skip is so fuckin awesome, but he did do a lot of dancing around. Think his age is showing just a tic. He was pretty sharp but wondered on a couple of points.

Worth the listen any day though. I could listen to him speak all day, really. He has a little of the jimmy stewert twang, which makes him a pretty awesome story teller.

LSUTiga likes this.
  5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I heard the gist of it from Gordy Rush who does a pretty good Skip impression

6. JP4LSU

JP4LSU Founding Member

Spurrier after Saban: I think Skip is right, Spurrier didn't like being turned down at LSU in favor of Saban, plus he likes his golf and that area of the country is prime for that. He wasn't going to wait.

RC Slocum: I had heard that story as well

2015 Board: Sounds like firing Les last season wasn't something that interested the Board. The unification of the board seem to happen after the Wisconsin game and gained steam at that point. It sounds like Alleva was ready for Jimbo, rumors flew but the board pulled the reigns back on the deal.

Miles to Michigan: So apparently Herbstreit had the word about Michigan and blew the story open too early and didn't have it confirmed. I have to commend Miles at turning that down and sticking with LSU. I'm sure family had something to do with it having been here for 7 yrs or so.

Jack Del Rio: Interesting comments about making sure he wasn't going to have scandals as HC versus Miles character.

7. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Spurrier wasn't turned down in favor of Saban, he was turned down in favor of Archer.

tirk likes this.