Introducing

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SabanFan, Jan 25, 2004.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I don't suppose they would have let you pick it up and hold it over your head for the photo the way Saban did after the Sugar Bowl?

2. ramah

ramah Founding Member

Well, I'll be damned

3. Geekboy

Geekboy Founding Member

I'll be..........

And you've given me grief before and I thought you were some young whippersnapper.

You're three years older than me!

I guess that makes you my elder so I should say 'sir' to you. :D

4. TigerLifer3

TigerLifer3 Founding Member

Can't believe that is SabanFan he really does look like Mike Foster. I honestly thought the way SabanFan bitches some ppl out that he was around my age which will be 25 in April.

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Re: I'll be..........

I will be 55 in March. I am a Viet Nam Veteran, I remember LSU's 1st NC, I watched the Saints 1st game. I dated my wife in New Orleans before there was a Dome, I remember not having Color TV, Computers and Microwave ovens. I learned to drive in a pickup truck with the gearshift on the steering column. I was 14 when JFK died, 20 when MLK and Robert Kennedy were assassinated and when Neil Armstrong walked on the moon. I have been there and done that and totally enjoy discussing LSU with all of you guys (and gals).

6. conradj

conradj Founding Member

Re: Re: I'll be..........

Ditto!

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Re: Re: I'll be..........

I'm 48 and the graduate students who work in my lab just don't believe how cheap things were when we were their age. You could go on a date for $5. Buck-fifty each for two movie tickets. Another buck-fifty for a pizza later, with 50 cents left over for gas -- which would buy you almost two gallons.

LSU tuition was $139 my first semester and you could get a room in the stadium for $85 a semester. I got through school on a part-time job without having to take any college loans. Kids just can't do that anymore with $2,000 tuitions and $1,500 dorms.

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Re: Re: Re: I'll be..........

I had a 1969 VW Bug. I'd be running on fumes and fill it up for $3.30. With the change off a five I'd buy 3 packs of Marlboros and 2 Schlitz "Little Joes".

9. edyel

edyel edyel

I saw Pete play in the "cow palace" and remember people saying "someday we will have more than 3 t.v. stations because of this new advanced technology called cable". I didn't believe 'em. LSU fans rocked then and still do.

10. col reb

col reb Founding Member

OLE SABAN FAN

OLE SON. I'VE BEEN THERE TOO. (EXCUSE ALL CAPS. TOO LAZY TO CORRECT) I SERVED IN THE ARMY FROM 1967-1970. YOU HAVE SEEN THE PICTURES WHERE THE PLANE FLEW THROUGH THE PENTAGON? THEY WENT RIGHT THROUGH MY OLD OFFICE. I SERVED FOR THE OFFICE CHIEF OF STAFF, GENERAL WILLIAM WESTMORELAND. I LEARNED TO DRIVE WITH A SHIFT ON THE COLUMN. TAUGHT ALL FOUR OF MY KIDS TO DRIVE A STICK SHIFT. FIGURED THAT IF I NEEDED HELP, I DID NOT WANT TO HEAR-----I WOULD HAVE TAKEN HIM TO TOWN BUT DID NOT KNOW HOW TO DRIVE ANYTHING BUT AN AUTOMATIC. WOW--I DIE BECAUSE YOU ARE UNCOORDINATED. I THOUGHT MY MOM WAS RICH WHEN WE GOT A TV. B/W WAS WALKING HOME FROM SCHOOL AND SAW PEOPLE PUTTING UP AN ANTENNA. WOW. WATCHED SOME CIRCUS ON SAT MORNINGS FOLLOWED BY ANDY DEVINE AND SOME JUNGLE SHOW. SKY KING. FLICKER. LOONEY TUNES. THEN THEY STARTED TO HAVE ONE-----BALL GAME. AT THAT TIME, I WOULD GO PLAY BALL. WAS A SR IN HS WHEN JFK WAS ASSINATED. WAS IN DC WHEN MLK WAS ASSINATED. THEY ALMOST BURNED MY APARTMENT DOWN. THEY BURNED ALL. NO PREJUDICE THERE. WAS THERE FOR RK. HAVE EXTENSIVELY VIEWED THE SMITHSONIAN INSTITUTE..IF YOU EVER HAVE THE CHANCE, DON'T MISS OUT. UNREAL. THE OLD WASHINGTON SENATOR BASEBALL TEAM. THE REDSKINS. THE TOMB OF THE UNKNOWN SOLIDER IS SOMETHING ELSE. I DON'T CARE IF IT IS 2 DEGEES AND SNOWING. THEY CHANGE GUARDS ON TIME, WITH PRECISION, AND HONOR. I WANT TO GO TO THE WALL SOMEDAY. HAVE TOLD MY WIFE, I WANT TO GO ALONE. SHE DOESN'T SEEM TO UNDERSTAND THIS. IT'S JUST SOMETHING I FEEL I HAVE TO DO. I DON'T WANT HER OR ANYONE ELSE TRYING TO TELL ME HOW I FEEL. DO YOU KNOW WHERE I'M COMING FROM? WOULD GO TO NAM THIS AFTERNOON IF THEY WOULD LET US GO FOR IT.