Investigation at Auburn Finds No Wrongdoing

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Proud Tiger, Aug 10, 2006.

1. Proud Tiger

Proud Tiger Founding Member

This is probably of no great interest to LSU fans. I post it only because there is a seven page thread on the subject way down the board with lots of speculation. You will recall it started with a disgruntled professor at Auburn and a front page article in the New York Times. The bottomline now is that:

1. Ths accusing prof (James Gundlach) now admits his motivation was to discredit the Head of the Sociology Dept. (Peete) since he had been passed over for the job in 2002.

2. The investigation concludes there was no wrongdoing by the Athletic Dept. officials, coaches, or academic advisors. Furthermore there is no evidence of any special treatment of athletes and none were given good grades without doing the work.

You can read more details at:

www.al.com/news/huntsvilletimes

I say screw all this stuff and let's play ball!!!

2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

As much as I hate AU I don't want to see any SEC school doing something that could place them on probation, it is a black eye to the whole conference. Glad to see there was nothing to it so now we won't have to hear big ears making excuses when he turns into Miles' beech.

3. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

doesn't surprise me. As Ive taken many of these classes at lsu and so have many others to keep tops and some are really really easy. Some are really really really hard but some are easy. I made better grades then in other classes but I wasn't given any grades. Im pretty sure thats all that happened at AU.

4. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Good. I want to kick ya'lls ass at full-strength.

5. Proud Tiger

One important thing about this from an Auburn fan's perspective is that it proves that our NCAA APR rating was no fluke as some have suggested.There will be 12 guys playing on this year's team who are already graduates and only one even has a degree in Sociology.

6. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

I hope this will be "last page news" by the time football season finally commences. Personally, there are still a lot of things about this that confuse me. Simply put, some of this still doesn't add up.

Oh well, here's hoping this will stop being the "news" and we can get into some FOOTBALL!!!

7. Proud Tiger

bammers can add? You gotta be kidding me:hihi: :hihi:

8. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. j/k

ProudTiger, does this mean no NCAA wrong doing or none by the school at all?

9. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

It was a directed reading course, as a matter of fact! Heck, I was very proud of my grades in the course also...a good point+ higher than my regular GPA!! :grin:

10. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

AU will send the report from their internal investigation to the NCAA and SACS in a couple of weeks. The school, found no wrong-doing in how it relates to Athletics.