Iowa fans thinks LSU is a break

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by msully, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

If the football team is taking the same unenthusiastic approach to this game as the fans are, then they Hawkeye fans might just be right. As I said in another thread, when you lose to shitty ole miss, this is what you get. Let's not forget that we also almost lost to Arky at home, k? So we seriously need to drop this sense of entitlement because there are 4 teams in the SEC that played good ball more consistently than we did this year. We have nothing to complain about, and could stand to adminster a good old-fashioned ass-whoopin' to get the momentum going for next season. But that ain't gonna happen if this ungrateful attitude that I'm getting from our fans spills over to the team. Did we forget the Clemson loss already?

2. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

Thank you.

gynojunkie and Contained Chaos like this.
  3. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

LSU's success under Saban/Miles has produced a different level of fan expectations.... and player expectations for that matter. Even in our best runs under Ferentz,we seem to find ourselves as underdogs in bowl games (with the possible exception of the 2010 Orange Bowl when we beat GT). So, it is what it is... and should be a concern for you. Ferentz has totally change how we practice/prepare for bowl games after our fiasco in 2002 against Southern Cal.... so I'm pretty confident we'll be ready to play.

I often wish we had your "problem"...... then sometimes okay with being who we are!!

LSUDad likes this.
  4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I'm willing to bet Anthony Jennings will be taking this very seriously, as will the seniors and anyone else wanting a career in the NFL and a starting position next year.

5. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

Fair point about the fans, but it's ultimately Les' job to get his guys properly prepared and motivated, regardless of the opponent. And he has struggled mightily with that against so-called "lesser" teams ever since he's been here.

BRETT likes this.
  6. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Of course, but apathy is contagious. I think it happened last year. Unfortunately, the team is not immune to the chatter that takes place on the internet. They couldn't avoid it if they tried.

7. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

A large contingent within our fan base is never satisfied, and likely never will be. It is a testament to our teams morale that they closed out strong after Ole Miss.

LSUDad likes this.
  8. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

After the LSU/Iowa debacle after the '04 season, we needn't talk any shit about Iowa. Contained Chaos is absolutely correct that we're sounding like petulant children AGAIN, like we did about Clemson last season.

Should we win? Yes. Will we win? It depends on which LSU team shows up without it's QB.

9. vshouse

vshouse Veteran Member

"You are wise beyond your years grasshopper"!!

10. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

On Les Miles list of accomplishments should be "all accomplished in spite of the terrible fans". It's a wonder les is able to win at all. All y'all who say lsu has terrible fans; who has better? And maybe *you'd* be happier there.