Iowa fans thinks LSU is a break

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by msully, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

2. cwatsn

cwatsn Loyal Servant

We better show up and we bett

We better show up and we better win!

This goddamn Iowa football team owes me for one glass top coffee table.

Richdog likes this.
  3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Jennings and our young guns do not seem like the type to come not ready to play. They have something to prove.

LSUDad and Richdog like this.
  4. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

The mind set LSU has, as well as how they perform has absolutely NOTHING to do with the fan base. Its all on how well the coaches have them prepared and how much focus they have instilled in them. The ingame adjustments there after. There is no reason LSU shouldnt win this game handily. If they come out flat, uninspired like then thats on the coaches not lighting a fire under their ass. Its also on the players for not taking the game seriously and wanting to prove where LSU is and where it will be.

Richdog likes this.
  5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Hmmm, Bill Munson is a dumb ass. Les gets elite talent, Les has elite assistants, Les beats elite teams, and loses to them as well.

What Les hasn't done is let a team like Georgia Southern, or UAB, or ULM, come into his house and beat him. Something that Nick Saban has done twice and his Sabanite Will Muschamp and I believe Sabanite Derek Dooley also did.

Do late minute gaffes make a coach a good one instead of great? Like giving up a Hail Mary or trying to boot a ridiculously long field goal that is way out of your kicker's range and allowing your opponent to win on a field goal return?

KyleK, StaceyO, LSUDad and 2 others like this.
  6. didit

didit Veteran Member

Coaches prepare game plans and manage the game... coaches don't light a fire under a player's ass... it's up to the team leaders and other players to get the team to stop loafing around and not respecting the opponent... if you look at the best teams (college or pro), they have a very strong leader on the field to do that (Brees, Manning, Lewis on d, etc.)... i think we had better players in 2011 than we had in 2007, but look at our "leader" on the field (JJ vs Matt)... all that being said, if you're playing the game (any game) and you need the somebody else to give some rah-rah speech to get you motivated, you should just run off the damn field and never come back...

7. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

I haven't seen you post often, but this is a great post! keep it up.

cajdav1, StaceyO and LSUDad like this.
  8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Why did Saban's name have to come up again?

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Because I'm assuming the guy in that article thinks Saban is a great coach and Les is just a good one. The point is even "great" coaches screw up.

I'll give you another example, a few years ago Bill Belichik went for a 4th down deep in his own territory and ended up losing a game to Manning because of it.

All coaches have wtf moments.

LSUDad and StaceyO like this.
  10. didit

didit Veteran Member

thanks... i post some but mostly just observe (lurker)...

stevescookin likes this.