Iowa or P state?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUpride123, Dec 2, 2009.

1. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

hmm, that's not quite how i remember it. i thought that everyone on here felt rather optimistic that we could stop GT's running game and generate enough offense of our own to sneak-out a win. it didn't really go down much differently than that.

all i'm saying is that scott and williams are done, and the coaching staff is not game-planning well enough to blow anyone out. i like coach miles' track record for bowl games, and i think that we usually see a LOT more from our offense during bowl games, but i really would rather get to ten wins than test the waters against a program that has its sh!t together. last season, our offense was actually not that bad. the defense simply had to focus on stopping GT's option -- which they did. voila, an LSU win.

having said that, i really don't know who i'd rather see LSU play this season. this team is just beat down. maybe they'll get better in a month?

i could say that since this won't be an SEC game, we should win easily, but look at our OOC games this season. we could have come to a conclusion about this team after the VERY first game against washington because not too much has changed. which is not a good thing, IMO.

2. Chase4LSU

Chase4LSU Waiting on Mettenberger

Miles' forte seems to be bowl games, and since we are better than last year, I don't think it will be any different this season. That month between games definatly helps us iron out problems we have all year. Also, I wasn't on the forum last year so I can't speak for it, but everywhere I went there were a lot of worries about us playing GT for various reasons. LSU defied a lot of people's expectations then, just as they will come whatever team we do play:geaux:

3. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I remember many negative comments about what GT was going to do to us after they racked up mucho yardage on UGA. Our defense was so porous that no one felt good about it.

Plus, I don't think our team is half as beaten down as the "fans" are at this point. They are coming off an exhilarating OT victory that offered them some redemption for a heart-breaking loss the week before. Last year, we were going bowling after two straight losses.

We're nicked up, but we'll be much healthier in a month, perhaps even seeing Charles Scott one more time.

4. Chase4LSU

It would be nice to see him break one up the middle one more time wouldn't it:thumb:

5. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I'm thinking the same thing. Nothing would make me happier.

6. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

That's the way I remember it.

7. Chase4LSU

Can hear it already "Scott up the middle...just broke a tackle!...two...three tackles, now he's in the open!!!"

8. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

It's going to be right at 8 weeks since the injury. I think the chances are good that we get to hear that.

1 person likes this.
  9. Fritzz

Fritzz Founding Member

I watch LSU play them in 1974 Orange Bowl, which we lost 16 - 9. I believe payback to due to both schools. Bring 'em on!

10. alfredeneuman

alfredeneuman Founding Member

Plus, Miles seems to be the only "Michigan man" who can beat other Big 10 schools.