Iowa or P state?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUpride123, Dec 2, 2009.

1. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

See I look at it the other way. I'd rather get beat by a team in a tough game than coast to and easy win just in the name of getting 10 wins. Not that we have a choice in the matter, but if you play weak competition to fatten your record up you're just opening up the whole "yeah, but who did you beat this year, really?" argument. I say put us against the strongest team that's available to play in our bowl and let the chips fall where they may. LSU is simply awesome under Miles when we have a month to prepare...

2. LSUpathdoc

LSUpathdoc Trust me, I'm a Doctor

I personally want Iowa bad. Nothing could make this year end better than beating them after they squeaked past us in the Cap One bowl several years ago. :tigerhead

3. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

No disrespect taken, I can see your reason for wanting either PSU or Iowa.

A couple of things to think about.... Penn State had two "ranked games", both at home, and lost both, 21-10 to Iowa and 24-7 to Ohio State. PSU did not play Wisconsin. They have folded when a defense showed up.

Iowa took tOSU to overtime with a backup qb in the shoe... also beat bowl-bound teams in Arizona, Wisconsin, MSU, Iowa State, etc.

With Stanzi looking like he'll be back, I think we'd make for a better game. At least a closer game... given our 2 losses this year were by 10 points total (and our four losses last year were by a total of 12 points). We make for interesting games, to say the least. We'd probably give you a pick6 just to get the fun started.

Not to mention we have a lot of folks returning for 2010, unlike the Nits, and a bowl win would help set the stage for next year.

4. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

Exactly. I am a bit more optimistic about the team. I feel that the team has been getting better, including JJ. When he fully heals from his ankle injury, the team will be more competitive. Have noticed that the offense was executing better in the Arky game.

5. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

#7 says you won't have a choice in the matter.. :wave:

6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I would like to see us play Penn State as that would be the bigger challenge.

Penn State is likely to get a BCS at-large bid.

For those who want revenge, you will get your wish and Iowa will get spanked.

7. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

every so often i think of the way it was announced (a classic) once during the vandy game:

and charles scott carries.....*pause*

everyone with him.

:hihi:

8. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

honestly, i hardly even remember the doomsday posters complaining about it, but i tend to focus on the positive -- or at least sane -- posters. i remember quite a few people being confident that we would shut down the run since we were good at it last season. in fact i would say that the vast majority of posters here were confident we would beat GT.

i should also rephrase what i said because i don't think any big ten team was awesome this season, sorry. i think they were about even with the SEC, maybe a bit lower, but i think that LSU could beat just about anyone, but LSU shoots itself in the foot much too often, and lets other teams hang around too long to blow anyone out -- and that is what i was speaking out against, people talking like LSU is going to blow someone out. :hihi:

anyway, lets get this over already and bring on baseball. this cold weather and football makes people cranky.
    :geauxtige

9. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

1 person likes this.
  10. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

well i'm not saying that LSU will coast to an easy win because no win this season has come easy. i just don't want to see LSU get blown out. who cares what other people say about the victory? granted i live in state and do not mingle with fans of other schools like a lot of you do, but seriously, who cares? LSU didn't win the SEC (or even its division) and didn't win the national championship, so why not play for the record? face it, LSU is not going to get a cupcake in the CapOne. it's going to be a big ten team. so it's really irrelevant now. :hihi: