iPhone

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by TigerFan23, Aug 26, 2007.

1. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I don't know. It's straight-up embarrassing when every 13-year-old I know is walking around with a better phone than mine. One of them today was purple camo. Mine is booooooooring.

2. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

My previous phone was the HTC 3125. I really liked it, but it was falling apart.

3. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

Yeah, the only problem that I seem to have w/ them is the backs get loose. Other than that, it does everything that I need and is super easy to use.

4. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

yup. that was my big issue. One of the tabs on the back piece broke, so it was extra loose. At the end, it was being held on my elctrical tape. I also had an issue with the mini-sd card not sitting right in its cradle and it would disappear from the phone.

5. KyleK

Same w/ me. My last one held the mini SD just fine, my present one doesn't. My present one also has blue painter's tape on it right now. I suppose I could get the back off of one of the spares, or get a new back off of eBay, but the tape works just fine. As to the SD card, I just do w/o it in this phone. Those two issues must be why you don't see them for sale in the stores anymore. My poker buddy has electrical tape on his too. I guess for those of us who like the phone, the ugliness of the tape is not a big enough detractor to make us quit using it.

6. StadiumSalute

StadiumSalute It's Gameday!

HTC makes some great phones. I was trying to choose between the iPhone and the Touch Pro (Fuze on AT&T) and chose the former.

Most phones with exposed screens are made of plastic. The iPhone's front is made of glass, and I think it would be very tough to break it.

Another phone that might interest you is the Blackberry flip, but I think it's only on T-Mobile.

7. KyleK

I've had a couple that had the exposed screen that I didn't break (I'm a contractor) but the screens quickly became very pitted and/or scratched. Almost looked like the inside of the screen was coated w/ dust, making it very hard to see.

I will definitely check out the BB flip though. I'll see if it can work w/ AT&T. Thanks!

8. StadiumSalute

StadiumSalute It's Gameday!

So I just downloaded an update to the Ustream app (the site the wire is streamed on), and they completely gimped it. Now you can only watch "featured" and popular shows. It didn't work with the password protected streams at the time, but now I might as well delete it because I have no need to watch webcams of dogs in a room.

9. friedriches

friedriches mr. t

Getting a 3GS this week, grandma wants my 3G and has an upgrade, I'm paying the cheapest price for it, she's even advancing me the cash because I was kinda (ok who are we kidding, hardly) reluctant to do it.

Anyone else get one?

10. LSU Rubi

LSU Rubi Founding Member

Dang...what a sweet granma...mine would never figure out how to turn on the phone. Hell, you should see her try to use the one she has now.