Ipod

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by BB, Mar 20, 2005.

1. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

I have a 3g 15gb iPod which came out around the same time my iBook came out (2003) and it's still working awesome. The battery life was pretty ****ty, but I bought a replacement battery off of ebay for 10.00 and now I get 10 hours battery life (amazing for a 3 generation.) I too was skeptical of the iPod's fame, but after owning one, I can't see how I lived without it. I've tried literally about 100 different MP3 players/DMPs and iPod is the best, hands down!

2. JVincent25

JVincent25 Founding Member

What do you mean by reformating it? Where you hold menu and enter? Yeah, tried that.

3. ok awesome

ok awesome geaux

no that is rebooting

to reformat it you hook it up to your computer and go to the "ipod updater" program (which you should probably download the newest version off of the internet) and hit restore. It will set the iPod back to factory settings. Then copy your songs back over and most of the time it works as good as new.

4. uscpuke

uscpuke Founding Member

I have had to do this twice now, but it fixes the problem.

I had best buy install the Dension Ice Link in my car which rules. It is hard wired right into my disk changer. The sound quality is so good and it looks sweet as hell in my ride. Set me back $250 installed.

Big pimpin spendin g's..........

5. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Let us know how the Nano is when you get it.

I'm considering getting one.

Also, did they quit making the iPod mini?? I went to the apple site today to check out the Nano, and they don't have the Mini featured anywhere on the site.

6. ok awesome

ok awesome geaux

the nano is the replacement for the mini

7. martin

martin Banned Forever

today is the day the silence finally ended. since i sold my mini i had nothing but quiet in my ears until my nano arrived today. i like it. i like that the headphone jack goes in the bottom. it is easier to read when i pull it upside down from my pocket.

the color screen and photo viewing is a non-factor. i dont care much. the biggest factor is size. and it is small. small enough that it almost seems slightly fragile, but i dont think it is. i might get a little case thing for it so my keys in my pocket dont shred it.

at also seems a little faster, like through the menus and when slecting songs and things. not that the mini was slow, it wasnt. but the nano is really instant. i like the nano alot. i worry slightly that it might get smashed because it is so little, but i am gonna fix that.

also, when the mini is in my pocket it tends to change volume much more than the mini did. i never used to use the lock function, but now i do. if i dont my hardcore german death metal tunes will rip my eardrums when the volume starts changing itself.

8. martin

martin Banned Forever

yesterday my new nano stopped working. i figured out that the hold switch was busted. it was in hold mode forever and nothing could stop it. no buttons would work. the hold slider wil slide all around, but never would hold mode turn off. i called macmall, the place i bought it, and they were complete dickheads about it. so i walked over to the apple soho store and those dudes handed me a brand new nano on the spot. apple rules.

i may pull up a chair next to red at the next mac cult meeting.

9. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

I just got the 4 gig Nano and the Monster cassete adapter for the car. Its great. Its rediculously small. I am very satisfied with my purchase (until it breaks). Especially since all of my CDs are boxed in storage until I finish rebuilding my house. I transferred my CDs from itunes to the Nano and I'm back in business.

10. tygertail

tygertail Founding Member

Here is an ipod question for you guys. I have not bought one yet but am about ready to conform. My question is this "Can I take an ipod and upload from someone elses computer or are the programs specific to each ipod? I know there is software to download from an ipod to a computer so you can transfer libraries with someone else. I figure if I buy a big enough Ipod I can just leave the songs on it.

I want the new 60 gig one, but am waiting for some special offer to roll around.