Is a "Fat Tax" coming to the US?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by flabengal, Nov 4, 2010.

1. flabengal

flabengal Founding Member

It's not the government's role to keep me healthy. That is my business, not the government's.

They are supposed to keep me safe from criminals and tote the friggin' mail and that's about it.

What's next....the happiness index? I'm not a happy worker lately so I have to start taking St. Johns Wort or something? Otherwise, I'm not a productive citizen, missed my sales quota so I didn't fufill my tax obligations to the State?

2. Texas_Tiger

Texas_Tiger Tiger Stuck in Aggie Land

I agree Whole Foods is way expensive, but there are other places to buy fresh fish.

People just don't want to be bothered these days. Its far easier to drive thru McD's then prepare food at home.

3. Texas_Tiger

Texas_Tiger Tiger Stuck in Aggie Land

I agree 100% about the revenue the Gov. is seeking.

It just grinds my gears when I hear how the Government should step in an legislate lifestyle.

4. flabengal

since you mentioned McDonalds:

Law curbs McDonald's Happy Meal toys - Yahoo! News

Isn't it the parents responsibility not to feed their kids crap?

5. martin

martin Banned Forever

this is a wild and dirty lie. stop it.

go to the store. go to the place where they have oatmeal. buy the cheapest oatmeal. then go to the frozen vegetables. buy a massive sack of frozen broccoli and cauliflower. go home and eat those things. you will have spent 6 dollars for a huge amount of food that is 100X healthier than anything you have ever eaten.

healthy food is the cheapest food in the whole market. for the price of one trip to mcdonalds you can cook your own meal that is insanely, i mean absurdly healthy. many meals.

even fresh fruits/vegetables like bananas are super insanely cheap.

take whatever you pay now for groceries, give me half of it, and i will buy you far healthier food and still make a tidy profit for myself.

at the times in my life when i ate the most healthy, when i was losing weight and generally being awesome about what i eat, i spent the least amount of money on food, because i never ate out and i always cooked for myself. and that is really cheap when you dont buy pre-processed food.

also organic food is not necesssary.

6. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

how many mouths do you have to feed?

1 person likes this.
  8. flabengal

9. martin

martin Banned Forever

again, give me half of what you spend on food and i will make your entire family much healthier. healthy food is cheap and filling.

do you ever eat at mcdonalds or any other fast food place? yeah? then you are not serious about being healthy.

basically every person in america eats horrifying food. myself included. but stop acting like you are forced to, or that eating healthy is expensive. it isnt. i can tell you EXACTLY what to eat, it will cost you nothing, and you will be strong and healthy and thin.

10. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

I am a hyper coupon machine, I am so good at it Target paid me 4 dollars to talk home 4 bunches of fresh broccoli. So not only is healthy food cheap, they pay you to eat it some times.