Is America really much better than China?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by USMTiger, Apr 9, 2008.

1. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

shane0911, fanatic, mctiger and 3 others like this.
  2. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

3. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

i have talked about the confucius institute before, and chinese student clubs, which are beijing controlled propaganda orgs.

this month at purdue a student did something or other honoring the people at tiananmen square. from a news article:

"a Purdue graduate student from China, Zhiaho Kong, was subject to intimidation and harassment after he posted an open letter praising the heroism of students killed during the Tiananmen Square massacre in 1989. Kong told ProPublica that after he posted the letter, his parents in China received a visit from officers of the Ministry of State Security"

so like i talked about before, chinese people abroad cannot speak out, or their extended family back home gets it. and other chinese students harass him in america. and this is a really big problem. i have said before i think there are chinese-controlled students at LSU.

when chinese kids at universities in america do things like support taiwan, beijing controlled kids at those same schools will come and beat them up.

the president of purdue addressed it and says he wont put up with chinese students going around harassing or beating up other kids for speaking out against china. he also says that any student reporting back to china about other students freedom of speech will get it from the uni. good for him.

this should be be a big story on mainstream media. it never is.

kluke and shane0911 like this.
  4. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

correct

5. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

correct

6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Hey @Jmg have you seen the story of Eileen Gu? She is an American but has I believe one chinese parent. She is going to ski in the Olympics and supposed to do very well but for some reason has decided she will ski for the Chinese? This seems like one of the situations you spoke of where she is being forced or coerced into doing this.

Whatever the case I hope she blows out her knee on her first run.

7. BornOnTheBayou

BornOnTheBayou 2022 Masters Pick 'Em Champion

In one sentence you say that she decided she will ski for the Chinese. In the next you say she is being forced or coerced into doing this. Which is it?

8. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

i do know her story because i find half asians chick to be sexy, and she is in fact pretty hot.

hard to know, maybe, but i dont think she is being coerced, i think she is being paid.

sure, maybe she is being coerced, but thats usually for people who protest or talk about free taiwan or hong kong or commemorate tiananmen massacre. like if a chinese kid at LSU held a rally for tibet, my reasonably well informed opinion is that this kid would get a call from the chines cops, who happen to threateningly be in the same room as the kids grandpa in fujian province, calling from grandpas borrowed phone.

we have discussed mixed race people before, they frequently have identity issues and it leads them to make some dumb decisions. they dont feel part of either culture, so they will attach themselves to the more minority one and loudly affilitate themself with their whateverness.

long story short i figure its possible she is getting pressured to ski or whatever for china, but maybe not. may just be kind of a dummy who makes stupid decisions to represent genocidal regimes because she loves her chinamom and got paid

shane0911 likes this.
  9. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

i think its fairly clear he meant decided under duress

shane0911 likes this.
  10. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Now I hope she hits a fucking tree Sony Bono style. Fuck her!