Is anyone else concerned about the upcoming football season??!?!?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by dallaslsufan, May 25, 2004.

1. dallaslsufan

dallaslsufan Founding Member

I sure am. I love the age and talent mix that we have this year, but the QB position really scares me along with the DT. I have seen Randall play in game and in practice. I just don't see him being the QB that we need this year. He is inconsistent time and time again. I think we have some pretty good unproven DT's this year, but they all have great potential. I just don't see Randall having great potential. I am not very happy about the back-ups either. Don't get me wrong, I think we would win 6 games this year with whoever we put in, but more than that will be tough especially with our road schedule. It is going to be interesting to see how a freshman QB reacts in the SWAMP. This season is going to be very interesting!

2. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

UH ooooooooooooooooh

3. BB

BB Founding Member

You are not allowed to think or say things of this nature on this forum. Very soon all the "real" LSU fans will be here to berate you and work hard to make you feel like a jerk in general. LSUSPORTSFREAK and his merry men will school you in the art of "true" fanfare. They will have you believe that opinions and concerns are not intended to be shared with others and that this particular forum was designed to sit idle. My suggestion, log off now and check back in a few days when they get tired of lambasting you and your "rediculous" personal opinions.

4. gotskeeters

gotskeeters Founding Member

Funny....true, but funny!

Anyway, I must say, we have a question mark at QB, and some tough road games. This is the SEC guys, no one escapes without a loss or two. I'm a little worried, but still optimistic. :geaux:

5. lsugrad00

lsugrad00 Founding Member

This is not going to be pretty....

6. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

yawn!!! :dis:

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

did they say your comments were "rediculous"? lol

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

"Concerned" is in the eye of the beholder. If you expect another NC, then you should be concerned. If you expect to win the west and represent in the SECCG, you should be concerned. If you expect to enjoy 12 college football games played by your favorite team, 12 get togethers with your football fan buddies, 12 reasons to eat and drink like a pig and 12 Sunday Mornings when the Sports page is actually worth a damn, then there's no reason to be concerned.

9. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

I'll not bash this post, but rather give a pretty solid reasoning as to why LSU will win more than (chuckle) 7 games this season.

Simply put, the defense is far above average, as are the OL and RBs. Many, many college football teams have been successful with this particular combination, and all Marcus Randall has to do (at a minimum) is to manage the game well and not get us beat.

Hell, you think Matt Mauck was some flawless game-management master all 14 games last year? Could he have stunk worse during the Sugar Bowl, for example?

What "saved" LSU in that game in particular was what will lead them to plenty of Ws in 2004---stellar defense, a competent special teams, a powerful running game.

I think LSU's inexperience at some positions will be tempered by the competition you'll see at these positions. You think Xavier Carter and Early Doucet won't be chomping at the bit to see the field?

They'll be okay, believe me.

10. alaman

alaman Founding Member

As Saban said "If they can't score on us, they can't win" when talking about next year's team. Saw interview with David Greene a couple of weeks ago. He said neither he nor the coaches have figured out LSU's defense yet so he is already scared and confused. We just reload now, something people have not yet realized and will be a top 5 team from now on.