Is anyone else concerned about the upcoming football season??!?!?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by dallaslsufan, May 25, 2004.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I've seen a lot of Tiger teams in 30 years of watching, and I'll tell you this. I don't expect a big drop-off in performance from this team from last year. I don't care if the QB is new or if Lavalais is gone. This Tiger football team is big, strong, scary fast, smart, experienced, and deep. And the coach is pretty good, too.

It will be hard to get through the three tough road games undefeated. But we ain't going to lose them all either. We're looking at a double-digit win season, amigos. :grin:

2. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I guess if a player can't change or improve it would be worthless for the NFL teams o have developemental teams, would have been worthless for the Rams to sign Curt Warner, the Panthers to sign Jake, the Raiders to have signed rich Gannon, who had been cut by everybody and was ready to give up football, for the Patriots to send Rohan to the WFL in order to develope more. Some of you guys just crack me up with your un-astute comments. Dr Know, why do you think Randall cannot improve, have you not seen improvement from 100's of ball players in all of sport over the years. I am not saying that Randall has changed or that he will definitely improve and become a good QB. But I would never say a guy cannot improve until he has proven it one way or the other.

I guess when Johnny Unitas was cut from the Steelers and had to play semi-pro football he should have just quit. When Terrell Davis couldn't crack the starting lineup at UGA, he should have put his cleats away forever, when William Andrews and Marcus Allen were toiling as fullbacks for Auburn and USC, they should have just accepted the fact that they would never be good RB's and quit the team.

Just look at all of the success stories that were made out of previous failure, on all levels, at all sports. And of course who could forget the biggest success story of all time, Michael Jordan didn't even make his high school basketball team when he first tried out, thank God pundits like you and the other doomsayers weren't around to sway his mind.

3. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

I realize that Randall wasn't the best QB when he debuted as a starter, but if you remember while he did make some bad throws, he didn't throw many interceptions. Yes, I know he threw 4 picks in the AU game but considering he only ended up with 5 picks on the season against good competition isn't too bad.

I don't bash fans for voicing their opinions but I don get mad when fans think that there is no chance a player can improve. If people remember correctly we were having these same QB concerns last season and even the season before. We ended up with a New Years Day Bowl and a National Championship. Trust me guys Randall will be fine at QB because he has been working with the the best QB coach and head coach in the nation. And while I do like the potential our freshmen have, if you think they can come in and win on the road at AU, UGA, and UF you are wrong. If that happens we will probably witness another 2002 AU type of game having an inexperienced QB on the field. As much talent as Flynn and Russell may have, we are going to need an experienced QB on the field to get through he brutal first half of the schedule.