Is anyone else getting worried about recruiting?

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by max, Jan 12, 2005.

1. robbie71084

robbie71084 Freshman

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I wouldn't worry

This may be a down year but I think we have to wait and see what happens on NSD. I am still hurt by the Robert Lane deal because that kid is special and will show it at ole miss. Remember, RP could be all the hype or he could be a garbage man just like Berlin (never was I happier than when that kid said he wasn't going to LSU). The team is loaded with talent especially with Andy Whitworth sticking around and should do better this year than last. I feel very confident about the future of LSU Football. Geaux Tigers!!!

3. TSdude

TSdude Founding Member

It's normal to be concerned at this time. I get that way too, but let me ease your mind a bit the way a friend of mine does. If Saban wasn't offering a particular kid, then there was a good reason. I learned to trust his recruiting instincts. Now some other reasons for you: First off, this is a down year talent wise in the state. That being said, I still think if Les Miles lands Ryan Perrilloux and Nic Harris that this class will be considered a big success. Second, LSU doesn't have a lot of scholarships to give. I heard a guy on the radio the other day all in a frenzy because LSU didn't have as many commitments as some other SEC schools. Most people don't realize how young the '04 Tigers were, so there aren't a lot of spots to fill. Third, attrition is just part of college football. Most of the time players leave because they aren't sniffing the field and don't see the likelihood they will. On the flip side of losing guys like Stoltz and Merrill, LSU gets a proven player like Sammy Joseph and UT transfer Chase Pittman. Fourth, I wouldn't fret too much about having Farr and Keys decommit, it happens all the time because verbals aren't binding. And look at it this way, I'd rather have a player who wants to be an LSU Tiger than one who doesn't. I'm always leery of players who are so wishy-washy that he decommits because of a coaching change. That tells me that he wasn't going to a school because of "whole picture," that he didn't really do his research on that particular school.

4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Very well put TS, I think when it all shakes out we will be just fine. I have many OSU fans as friends as I am married to an Okie and the one common thing they all had to say about Les was that he is an excellent recruiter. :geauxtigs