Is anyone here actually at the recruiting bash?

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by DarkHornet, Feb 4, 2004.

1. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

Not sure how you get internet access from there, but apparent Dandy Don does it. Is anyone getting updates live?

2. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

I wish I was. I'm a broke college student saving up to go snowboarding in Canada. I can't go spend 25 bucks like that!

3. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Mobile phone access or the place has one of those wireless connections. the bar i go to has one of those and another guy is always in their taking bets for everyone and placing them on one of those off shore sites. it is remarkably fast.

4. MALONE121212

MALONE121212 Founding Member

All you need is a sat card. Wireless internet working off of sat. You can pick them up at local cell phone comp for about 100 a month for unlimited browsing. :geaux:

5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Yeah $100 a month sounds cool.....NOT

6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I have unlimited mobile internet access on my Sidekick for $ 20 and its high speed (which equates to about the same as 56K modem on a land line).

7. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Not to forget, that downtown baton rouge is a hotspot for WiFi network... all you need is a wireless network card in your laptop and you're on... for free. :) Not sure if the Argosy is included in that area yet.

8. SoLa in NoIll

SoLa in NoIll Founding Member

This was in yesterday's Daily Report from the BR Business Report:

Football bash: Thousands of LSU fans are expected in downtown tomorrow for an annual recruiting bash at Argosy's Atrium. This year, fans with laptops can monitor recruiting of 18-year-olds with free wireless connections from Verge Wireless, which has an antenna at the complex, said Davis Rhorer, executive director of the Downtown Development District. National media are expected at the frenzy because LSU's recruiting class is ranked in the top two in the nation with USC.