Is Bush's achilles heel his family relationship with the Saudis?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by phatcat, Feb 24, 2004.

1. Vincent4Heisman

Vincent4Heisman Freshman

The funny thing about this is that those damned Bushes should have seen into the future to see all of this coming!

How dare they do business with an oil company/family in 1976 in an oil rich enviornment like the middle east... What the hell are they trying to do, run a freakin' business?

Dude, invent the crystal ball... How in the blind f**k could George Bush have ever seen this coming? How, in 1976, could Bush have predicted that the Bin Laden family's name would be linked to terrorism?

Get a clue.

2. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Osama Bin Laden has 40 brothers...Literally.

His family was VERY rich in Saudi, and he made his fortune in the Construction business, if I'm not mistaken...

He was not "allowed to leave"...He went over to fight with the Afghans to expel Russia, and they did just that...When he returned home, he became an outspoken critic of the Royal Family and it's two-faced dealings and it's root of all evil-Not money, but the LOVE of money...

To Arab's worldwide, Bin Laden was a godlike individual for using his own personal bankroll to fund, train, and fight the Russians. He came back with a pulpit, and a willing audience. He spoke out against the Saudis, and they promptly excommunicated him from the country...It wasn't an "agreement"...The Saudis were afraid that he could and would overthrow their precious government with a simple plea to Arabs...

They threw him out, unable to touch his money for fear of him speaking out against them...It wasn't an underhanded deal, you can bet that...

Considering that Bin Laden's family in the US attended colleges and universities and were in their teens, I'm guessing most of them weren't exactly PLEASED to have that last name and be in the country they were in. That was to save their lives from the guilt by association, and not necessarily by reputation...That's the reason the plane was allowed to fly hither and thither to pick them up.

I will say that phatcat's info-on that note-is accurate, because I heard similar information in '01...and I didn't blink an eye...His siblings-to almost a man-have rebuked him and called for his capture, and in some cases, his execution.

I disagree with the thought that the Saudi government has any "backhanded deals" with Bin Laden though...That's an outright fallacy...

3. CottonBowl'66

CottonBowl'66 Founding Member

I would not rule out the possibility that Saudi Arabia's royal family "had" an agreement with Bin Laden to not foment unrest in their kingdom in exchange for "allowing" Saudi "charities" to funnel money to Al Qaida.

I don't think it exists now, but it seems mighty strange that even though Bin Laden was nominally against the Saudi royal rule, there was precious little evidence that Al Qaida was actively trying to overthrow them before the American invasion in Afghanistan.

At a time when he "supposedly" considered them infidel Moslems, apparently no operations were directed against them, but were instead directed against America.

Why Bush will not release the report of the royal family and 911 is a mystery that all wonder about.

4. Bestbank Tiger

Bestbank Tiger Founding Member

When did he consort with Fonda?

And don't tell me there's a photo of them together. That photo was exposed as a fake by FOX NEWS, ahrdly a left-wing source.

5. CottonBowl'66

You don't get it. The fact that John Kerry opposed the Vietnam War, although he served in it, and appears in a photo with Jane Fonda is relevent and proves his disloyalty.

Since Bush voted for politicians who supported the Vietnam War and deliberately chose a path to avoid serving in it proves he is a great American.

6. phatcat

phatcat Founding Member

Come on Vincent4Heisman

<Originally posted by phatcat
    Ralph Nader for President!>

Is this the best you can do? Not only have I never posted that, but my views about Ralph "It's all about me" Nader are clearly expressed in another thread. This is just a cheap shot from one who has neither integrity nor imagination.>

<The funny thing about this is that those damned Bushes should have seen into the future to see all of this coming!

How dare they do business with an oil company/family in 1976 in an oil rich environment like the middle east... What the hell are they trying to do, run a freakin' business?

Dude, invent the crystal ball... How in the blind f**k could George Bush have ever seen this coming? How, in 1976, could Bush have predicted that the Bin Laden family's name would be linked to terrorism?

Get a clue>.

No one expects anyone to be able to predict the future, although the old saw about lying down with dogs and waking up with fleas certainly seems to apply here.

The problem as I see it is how the Bush administration is handling the post 9/11 investigation.

Reports on the investigation, featured in the BBCÕs leading current affairs program, Newsnight, said the FBI was told to "back off" investigating one of Osama bin LadenÕs brothers, Abdullah, who was linked to "the Saudi-funded World Association of Muslim Youth (WAMY), a suspected terrorist organization," whose accounts have still not been frozen by the US treasury despite "being banned by Pakistan some weeks ago and India claiming it was linked to an organization involved in bombing in Kashmir".

Saudi Princess Haifa Al-Faisal, daughter of the late Saudi King Faisal, who is married to the Saudi Ambassador to the United States, Prince Bandar bin Sultan has been proven to have funneled money to Khalid al-Mihdhar and Nawaf al-Hazmi -- who participated in the hijacking of American Airlines Flight 77 that crashed into the Pentagon. Records discovered by the FBI show that they received thousands of from a member of the Saudi royal family, yet the present administration has not so much as questioned her about these fiscal records.

An overwhelming majority of the hijackers on 9/11 were Saudi. The most obvious reason for this is that before 9/11, the Bush administration made it incredibly easy for any Saudi to get a visa to get into the U.S.

The American people have long awaited the results of the congressional report on how our country was so viciously attacked on September 11, 2001. One thing we know for sure, however, is that 15 of the 19 hijackers were from Saudi Arabia. On its own, this fact may or may not be a coincidence or suggest something more sinister on the part of the Saudi regime. Yet, the Congressional report contains a section that claims a Saudi agent had a meeting at the Saudi Consulate in Los Angeles in January 2000 - and then went directly to a restaurant where he met future 9/11 hijackers Khalid Almihdhar and Nawaf Alhazmi. It is time that Americans know exactly what our government knows about Saudi involvement in the 9/11 attacks. Yet a major portion of the congressional investigative report on 9/11 purportedly dealing with Saudi Arabia has been stricken from the public version of the document. The Bush Administration is unwilling to declassify the evidence contained therein. Why?

So, you see, it is not a crystal ball that is needed by Dubya but a sincere desire to see the terrorists responsible for the murders on 9/11 brought to justice.

7. Vincent4Heisman

Vincent4Heisman Freshman

Re: Come on Vincent4Heisman

No, It wasn't a cheap shot, it was a joke. Learn the difference and relax.

Imagine this, a young man comes out in 1942 and says this;

I just heard that President Roosevelt, having financial interest in technology coming out of Japan in 1941, secretly planned and went along with the attacks on Pearl Harbor to "bait" the United States into war so that his financial interests could be padded.

CNN and 24 hour news stations will be the demise of the world as we know it.

Go play with your children, they are worth more than any political race, conspiracy theory and/or presidential nomination could ever be worth.

8. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

Re: Re: Come on Vincent4Heisman

Amen, brother. I think it was a lot better world when we didn't know everything that was going on 24/7. What we didn't know wasn't hurting us.

9. phatcat

phatcat Founding Member

OMG, now we know too much?

Come on man, this ain't reality TV, for entertainment purposes only. As the citizenry of a democratic nation, how can we expect to make informed choices for our political leadership and national direction w/o the benefit of being informed? Do you honestly think it best for the candidate with the nicest wardrobe, the best hairdo. the slickest presentation, the biggest bankroll, or any number of other meaningless attributes to become the leader of the most powerful nation in the world without the electorate, thatÕs you and me, even knowing anything substantive about them? Without an independent press corps it all boils down simply to whoever tells his lies with the most compelling presentation.

10. CottonBowl'66

We find out today that it is perfectly appropriate for Congress to investigate a land deal in Arkansas for years, but the investigation into the 911 catastrophe must be cut short, even though the members investigating it have asked for more time.

The Republican Party is running scared of what may come out and is more interested in protecting that yellow belly in the White House than they are in telling the American people the truth.