Is Bush's achilles heel his family relationship with the Saudis?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by phatcat, Feb 24, 2004.

1. Vincent4Heisman

Vincent4Heisman Freshman

Why does this remind me of a quote...

Arthur: Well I am king.
    Dennis: Oh, king eh? Very nice! And how'd you get that, eh? By exploiting the workers! By hanging on to outdated imperialist dogma which perpetuates the economic and social differences in our society.

Arthur: I am your king!
    Woman: Well I didn't vote for you!
    Arthur: You don't vote for kings.
    Woman: Well how'd you become king then?

Arthur: The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur. THAT is why I am your king!
    Dennis: [interrupting] Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government! Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony! You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you! If I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

There's nothing wrong with knowing what you're dealing with. There is something wrong with trashing the President of the United States (and I'm not saying that you personally did) because you think that he is hindering the 9/11 investigation for financial gain.

2. Vincent4Heisman

Vincent4Heisman Freshman

If he's yellow, then you run. Since you can run your mouth about the President of the United States then I'd be correct in thinking that you have the intelligence (forgive me, I'm trying not to laugh here) to make a run for yourself.

Do it. Don't bitch about it, do something. Don't vote for someone else, run for yourself.

3. CottonBowl'66

CottonBowl'66 Founding Member

Vincent, I say that not only is Bush yellow, but so are you. If you support his war in Iraq so much, go enlist. Otherwise, you have nothing to say.

4. Vincent4Heisman

Vincent4Heisman Freshman

Show me where I said I supported this war?

5. Vincent4Heisman

Vincent4Heisman Freshman

I'm serious... Stop smelling your finger that you just scratched your ass with and quote me where I said that I supported this war.

6. Vincent4Heisman

Vincent4Heisman Freshman

I can understand that your mad that the trailer park told you that you had to put siding on your "home", but don't take it out on me...

I respect the President, no matter who he is.

7. Vincent4Heisman

Vincent4Heisman Freshman

Come on Cletus! You gonna sit there and let this little young kid punk you like that?

Quote me, man. Quote me where I said that I supported the war?

I didn't think so...

8. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

Re: OMG, now we know too much?

There is a HUGE difference in "being informed" and being "entertained" for the purpose of DRAMATIZING the news and spreading propaganda for the purpose of forwarding your lobby of unlimited free press. Now I am all for free press but if the dominately free media moguls had their way, they'd have no limit on what could be potrayed, printed or displyed. Thomas Paine knew that, the power of the pen my friend, the media. Hitler made a nation follow him with it. the great propaganda machine is the DNC they control 90% of all media.

The one station the DARES to broadcast an UNbiased view is always bashed as severely right wing, when in fact they are doing what was done 30 years ago. And that is report the news as it is with NO political preference either way. The people want this, and it is no suprise they are the #1 news forum in the nation.

It is TV for entertainment purposes, they want higher ratings, they want you to vote for the more liberal candidate so that any form of censorship can gradually go by the wayside.

The media has an agenda, they want Gun control and absolutely No hinderance in print, which they call free press.

They won't stop until ANYTHING goes. They want to be able to print whatever they want. Now what's wrong with that?
    Well for one where does it stop? Somebody has to censor what is shown on TV for our kids. You can laugh if you want but look at the last ten years. The news used to be just the news NOT with Dan Rather's opinion mixed in.

Report the News NOT your opinion. Look at what is aired on TV now, there has been a gradual deterioration of civility over the last ten years. Remember when Jack Tripper portraying a GAy ( not really ) guy living with two girls was considered racey? Look at what is on now. How do you think it got this way? These people have a voice in your legislature, you scratch my back I'll scratch yours. The same network that does the News, has the sitcom with the contreversial issues on it. Why? because a scandal sells, people love to "tune in" if something "new and taboo" is going to be on TV.
    Look at the super bowl thing at hafl time. People loved that, crap like that sells. You think CBS and MTV didn't know it? LOL how naive can you get? These people have an agenda and to get there you have to be somewhat loose on moral and social issues, hence they support the DNC. It's all elementary Watson but very cleverly disguised.

9. CottonBowl'66

CottonBowl'66 Founding Member

Hey, nutcase, I said "if you support this war..."

10. Vincent4Heisman

Vincent4Heisman Freshman

Again, I'll type as slow as I can so you can understand...

What makes you think I support the war?

You still haven't answered my question. Quit dodging the answer and step up to the plate.