News Is coronavirus a wild card?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Winston1, Feb 24, 2020.

1. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

That's mic drop material right there.

Bengal B likes this.
  2. mctiger

First Louisiana case identified, Jefferson Parish (New Orleans area).

3. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Nope. Survived that too

Bengal B likes this.
  4. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

i am still confused about wheether i should care or ignore coronavirus.

i am tough as nails and have had all diseases. my parents are not. i am considering being nervous. dont like it.

5. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

Y2K virus? Where you get this list, a facebook post I am guessing or something similar. it was a bug in code and that shit was stupid. But I made a shit ton of extra money that year in college installing updates to software or simply telling them they have nothing to worry about, now please pay me my 75 bucks for coming out.

And most of those listed were not to the level of craziness we are seeing now. Something is juicing this up, and don't just say the liberal media. That dead horse is getting old, but agree the media is playing its same old part. It could be, and I know most don't want to hear this. That this virus is in fact that bad, I hope not, but seeing the numbers here in America is pretty eye opening.

I read an article that there is a rapid test out now for it. It was fast paced released over the weekend or last week in Europe and Asia. So this should help, testing is essential in stopping this. I hope the US follows suit and adopts the test and the testing.

2 weeks after Mardi Gras, seeing our first cases in New Orleans. https://www.wwltv.com/article/news/...irus/289-41a920b9-a3fe-4454-b681-9ffbb8cd108f

In two weeks if we see another explosion of new cases get serious about this. If the case is a one off, thank goodness. We are up to 8 cases here in the Houston area, but that is such an unknown. I know of someone that has had contact with a person with it, but they will not test her.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I just got home from a dollar store. They had plenty of toilet paper. Just to be on the safe side I bought 2 24 packs. That should hold me for a while. Unless I die from the virus. Then there will be plenty of toilet paper left over. What happens to a person's toilet paper when they die anyway. My brother, his wife and my nephews will come and take the good stuff but they are not the sort of folks who would take a dead person's toilet paper. So I suppose it would just sit there in the cabinet until somebody bought the house. Maybe I should leave a note to the future buy telling him no hard feelings if he uses my toilet paper.

I asked the cashier if they had been selling a lot of toilet paper. She said they always sell a lot. I said I mean since the coronavirus scare had they been selling a lot more, She said she hadn't been following it. I told her she was way more at risk than most people. Standing behind a counter all day and handling the stuff they had touched and their filthy money. She said again she hadn't been following it. What do you expect. She is a cashier in a dollar store.

I felt it was my civic duty to inform her of the school and work closings, the mass sickness on cruise ships and the wholesale slaughter of nursing home patients. I told her she should start wearing a surgical mask so she wouldn't breath in the germs of some sick customer. I also said she should make her kids wear masks and stay indoors and not have any contact with other people. I'm pretty sure she won't do any of that but I feel like a real humanitarian. I am truly blessed.

Good things come to people who reach out to help their fellow humans. Like me. On the way home I stopped at an Ollie's Outlet store. I wasn't looking for anything in particular but I like to go in there sometime when I'm in no hurry to be anywhere. Last year when they first opened up I bought a collapsible fishing rod with reel to carry around just in case. $15 and it came with a tackle box with some hooks, sinkers, bobbers and some lures. I even have used it twice and caught a few bream and it didn't break.

So today I bought a thing of cayenne pepper because I couldn't find the bottle I thought I had the other day. 79 cents. Got a 16 ounce jar of Grey Poupon for $1.69. I like Grey Poupon but I almost never buy it since I don't have the Rolls Royce to go with it. It's pretty good on a turkey and swiss sandwich on wheat bread. I picked up a 30 ounce jar of honey. There was no price tag on it. When the cashier scanned it she said something must be wrong. It scanned at $25. I told here no way that much for a jar of honey. She ended up getting a manager and looking for a price code After hemming and hawing a bit she rang up my total purchase as $3.45. That was acceptable to me and by then a number of other customers were waiting in line behind me, The cashier still kept leaving the area and trying to find the price code. Being the humanitarian I am and wanting to relieve the suffering of the others waiting in the only register open although there must have been 10 other registers I call her back and said I was in a hurry and just ring it up and I'll pay the $3.45. So she did.

When I got home and took the honey out of the bag a little blank sticker came loose and I could see a price tag. It said $64.99 at the top and below that it said "Ollie's Price $23.99. What kind of honey could be worth $24 much less $65???? Were the bees individually hand fed nectar from the most exotic flower known to man? Then I saw on the label that it was a product of Greece. Did the Grecian bees fly here first class? Or by private jet? I can't wait to mix some with peanut butter and make a sandwich.

7. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

I enjoyed this

Bengal B likes this.
  8. mctiger

Wasn't this a Seinfeld episode?

watson1880 likes this.
  9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

What the ever living fuck. You gotta lay off the weed man.

shane0911, KyleK and Bengal B like this.
  10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The true humanitarian is often misunderstood,

Frogleg, kcal and Jmg like this.