Is dropping to 17th in the AP justified???

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by trickydick, Nov 22, 2009.

1. Jopry

Jopry Veteran Member

This.

2. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

We get embarrassed in Tuscaloosa, embarrassed at home (in a win) against La. Tech, and embarrassed beyond belief in Oxford.

I'd say we should be thankful, if it meant anything.

3. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

"We get embarrassed in Tuscaloosa"

That is kind of a stretch....

4. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

The defense collapsed in the second half (especially on the first drive), going for 2 way too early, and Jarrett Lee steps in and well... that alone was pretty freaking embarrassing.

5. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

I guess I see it differently. I see our starting QB go down and a nice kid but a terrible QB come in as backup and stalls an already pretty weak offense. I see a defense play their heart out against the #2 team in the country and simply run out of gas when it is abudantly clear to everyone in the US except for Saban the Refs had an agenda maybe not conducive to LSU winning.

But hey, I am the resident sunshine pumper....

6. dmeaux

dmeaux Founding Member

LSU should have dropped to 17th after the Tech game. After Miles blows another one against Arkansas, LSU will be out of and should be out of the top 25.

However, the AP media poll is irrevelant, except to USC and Pete Carroll in 2003.

7. Jopry

Jopry Veteran Member

I agree. The team played a great game, but in the end fell just a little short. Regardless of Lee's abilities, any team that loses it's starting QB and star receiver in very hostile territory such as at Alabama will find it difficult to move the ball. The defense played a great game, but offensive woes forced the D to stay on the field far too long in the second half (the same time that Ingram surged). With the mess that was the offensive "gameplan", I was extremely proud of the team to be close enough that the referee's felt the need to "help" the game along.

8. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

We were NOT embarrassed in Tuscaloosa. The media that you think is so wonderful for jumping on Miles with both feet for the worst last minute of game management in history didn't move us down at all after losing that war.

9. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I couldn't care less where we are ranked. But, for the record, I think of the opinion polls the AP is the best. The coaches poll is garbage.

10. arizonafan

arizonafan Veteran Member

Yes.