Is ESPN Anti-LSU?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TennesseeTiger, Feb 5, 2003.

1. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

LSU has what seems to be a consensus top 2 or 3 class going, if not #1, and yet when you go to ESPN.com there on the main page is talk of Florida, Miami, Texas and Southern Cal (see attached picture...the caption on the site reads "All signs point to big days at Florida and Southern Cal"). What gives? Lemming must really be hacked that LSU is doing better than expected. I really think there's something fishy about the whole ESPN/Leak/Florida deal anyway. Nothing illegal...just fishy.

2. DeathValley

DeathValley Founding Member

I noticed it too. I hacked me off that we are not listed. USC and Florida deserve to be there but Texas and Miami. Miami had alot of recruites jump ship and well Texas will just plaain suck again. Well everybody has our class at 1 or 2, well except Lemming but he does not count. As for next year they need to get a new person covering recruting for ESPN. Lemmings is bias and plus he knows nothing.

3. GeauxTigers

GeauxTigers Founding Member

Those schools are listed mainly because:

A) Some of them are having a great day (Florida and So. Cal)

B) All are recognized instantly by everyone in the nation who remotely follows NCAA D1 Football.

Give LSU another SEC Championship and several years at 10+ wins, and we'll be there as well.

It's a regognition thing.:D

GEAUX TIGERS!!

P.S. I think that (Go to Hell) Ole Miss won't be happy when Lane goes to MLB. Hope Russell comes our way, but if not, we still finish with a top 5 class. Can't beat that with a stick.

4. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

This is much better......

5. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Actually if you click his chat he says this.

In my 24 years covering recruiting, I've never seen so many big names still on the board as Signing Day begins. That's why everything is so jumbled today. It should lead to the most exciting Signing Day ever. Seven teams have a shot at the No. 1 ranking: Florida, LSU, Miami, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Texas and USC. I'll keep the updates and rumors coming throughout Signing Day.

6. TennesseeTiger

Actually, the best way would be to have the other three signs knocked over or full of holes from shotguns.

Like a good ol' country sign.

7. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

For Tennessee Tiger.....

8. TennesseeTiger

ehh...close enough!

9. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

Great Job MikeD......... looks good

10. TennesseeTiger

I just noticed...

I was looking at the picture I posted here yesterday (see first post in this thread) and noticed something peculiar. Take a long look at the gator emblem sign. When was the last time UF used purple and gold for their colors...? Answer: NEVER! My theory is that the signs were originally supposed to be USC, LSU, Miami and Texas. Evidently, one of the gator-lovers there at ESPN.com noticed them making a late run and decided to replace LSU with UF. I guess they figured no one would notice that the usual orange and blue (yuck) of UF was now the purple and gold of LSU.

That's my theory...anyone else agree?:confused: