IS Ethnic Profiling Justified?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by JSracing, Jun 23, 2004.

1. martin

martin Banned Forever

nothing would please me more than getting on an airplane full of blacks. i would feel so safe. unless one of them had changed his name to something muslim, then i am not as comfortable.

2. LOTTERY

LOTTERY Founding Member

I'm not saying I wouldn't worry a little bit when i see arabs on a plane with me, but i suck it b/c i know it's wrong to profile a person. When you have probable cause, go after the person no matter if their muslim, black, white, yellow, or green. Don't just target one set group of people b/c thats when we miss something. By the way I accept your nomination. I couldn't do any worse than Bush and his buddies are doing.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

It should be noted that there is a lot more being profiled out there than a just a persons color or accent. Your behavior and your style is also being noticed.

I was pulled over several times in the 70's for "Driving while Hip". Our hair was long, our beards were shaggy, I was driving a '63 panel truck with india-print curtains, and Led Zepplin or The Beatles were blaring on the 8-track. I wasn't profiled because I was black (I looked like a tie-dyed Viking). We were profiled for dressing and acting like dope-smoking hippies and playing dope-smoking hippie music very loudly and driving a dope-smoking hippie van, and having way too much of a dope-smoking good time.

Of course they pulled us over. Two out of three such vehicles pulled over would have marajuana inside and if not, . . . at least the girls inside wouldn't be wearing bras. We knew how the game was played and we knew we were baiting the cops just by assuming the lifestyle. We wanted to be noticed, we just didn't realize it at the time.

My point is: not every black guy is profiled just for being black. He may be drawing interest because he's dressed like a gangster, playing crack-smoking music in a crack-smoking car, having a smart-assed hip-hop attitude, and having way too much of a good time. Things he has control over.

Has anybody noticed that black ministers get profiled a lot less than black gangsta rappers? Or that white folks with a radical style get profiled, too?

4. martin

martin Banned Forever

would you stop with the feelgood liberal crap? it isnt guys named jerome or tim that are slicing heads off innocent people on tv every week.

dont believe what you have been taught. in no way is wrong to profile a person. i watched arabs murder 3000 of my neighbors, and smelled the burning rubble for weeks afterwards in my apartment as i tried to sleep. and you are going to say we cant profile arabs for fear of hurting their feelings? grow up man, the time for your PC crap has passed.

5. LOTTERY

LOTTERY Founding Member

You call it PC. I call it respectability and morality. If we keep thinking like you're thinking we will continue to be hated around the world. And guess what, more people might die. We have to improve our relations in this world. We might be the most powerful, but there are over 5 billion other people on this planet.

6. martin

martin Banned Forever

i think you know the truth, and you know we must racially profile arabs, because they are so damn dangerous, but you cant admit it, you must stick with your liberal pc lies and pretense.

7. LOTTERY

LOTTERY Founding Member

Oh yeah. I forgot you were a mind reader.

8. martin

martin Banned Forever

i can see you are smart enough to type and make sentences, so you must be smart enough to realize what i am saying is true, but are too happy with the self righteousness of your current position to abandon it.

9. LOTTERY

LOTTERY Founding Member

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member