IS Ethnic Profiling Justified?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by JSracing, Jun 23, 2004.

1. martin

martin Banned Forever

maybe i am. nevertheless our status as informed or uninformed remains constant and independent of ramah's location.

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

OK. I'll continue this discourse. I contend that Ramah's location puts him in a position to be better, or more, informed. He enjoys a perspective that we don't have. He sees, therefore he knows.

3. martin

martin Banned Forever

i dunno how many times i have to say that his status as informed or uninformed has no bearing on our status. the existence of an informed person does not make us uninformed.

it does? what are we naive about? all but one of us has agreed that racially profiling people and whatever else is necessary to kill terrorists is what we favor. and the one who didnt agree was probably playing devil's advocate. so what about this post showed how naive the average american is?

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I tried, Ramah.

5. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

Actually Martin is right.

AND I know a couple of marines in Iraq that are closer to the REAL situation than Rmah is but they don't know everything. Some times you can be so close to a situation you can't see the whole forrest for one giant f$%^&king tree.

No doubt Ramah has a good handle on Suadi Sentiment towards the west, but Saudi sentiment doesn't make two hoots difference in this scheme of things. Too many people are worried about how this group or that group "feels" Well until a coup happens in Saudi then I am quite sure the biggest concern of our State Dept is NOT how Joe Towel head on the Saudi street "feels", I would HOPE they are more concerned with getting the Saudis ( Gov. ) to co-operate MORE and hammer down these SOB's. AND I don't give a **** what Ramah says they haven't been doing a good job of it in the past or these MF's would have been six feet under 5 years ago. ( nothing personal there Ramah buddy it's just how I see stuff ) Maybe they are improving, I'll buy that.

It's not like "Muslim Extremists" just popped up out of the sand last week, these jokers have been in Saudi for years. Either cooperate or Die. Like Granny used to say, you're either FER us or AGAIn us now which is it?

Lead or follow but for God sakes get the hell out of the way!

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

so because the entire world is filled with hatred for America, which we already knew...you're basically saying the magnitude of Muslim's jihad is really overblown compared to the endless enemies we have? Well, I'm quite aware of China, N Korea and the endless list of non muslim threats to America yet i do think the sqeaky wheel gets the grease and the fact that muslims were the last to wage war on our soil mandates attention. I'm not quite sure what you're insinuating of the naivity of people here. I think most people here understand our threats are endless and imminent regardless the security. Profiling, of course, minimizes such threats. So i guess we agree yet im unsure of your point. And what the hell are you doing working in a country where all those bastards were from, anyhow?

Time is running out? for whom?

7. 65Grad

65Grad Maturity is Overrated

To answer the original question. Hell yes we should be profiling. If the 9/11 terrorists were a bunch of short little white guys, I would expect to get strip searched every time I got on a commercial flight. :usaflagwa