Is it just me or do you think that we (LSU or Baton Rouge) should make sure that all

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Geaux Girl, Mar 26, 2006.

1. Geaux Girl

Geaux Girl Founding Member

It seems like with all the funds in TAF coffers, we could help get the guys families to those games. Would that be breaking some NCAA sanctions or something? If so, is there anyway we could pitch in to help get Tyrus' mom and grandma to those away games without breaking any rules?
    They deserve to be there and given first class treatment!

2. USNavyTiger

USNavyTiger Founding Member

Re: Is it just me or do you think that we (LSU or Baton Rouge) should make sure that

theres gotta be a way for a donation to be set up.

maybe through paypal?

3. Geaux Girl

Re: Is it just me or do you think that we (LSU or Baton Rouge) should make sure that

if it wouldn't be considered cheating, we could do lots... set up an account at a bank, have a carwash or jambalaya dinner fundraiser...whatever. I think our whole city is so proud of them and their families should be honored in some way.

4. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Pretty sure that's against NCAA rules. I know another school wanted to do something similar a year or two ago and were told they couldn't.

5. Geaux Girl

Well heck, if anybody is driving up there or flying a private plane it seems like they could arrange a "carpool" and I am sure our fans could provide some hotel rooms or something.

6. CParso

CParso Founding Member

As long as we don't mind sanctions for the next 10 years...

7. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

That pretty well sums up how it would go over with the NCAA!

8. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

i think the only way it could be done is if the givers arent tiger boosters ("fans"). probably not possible.

9. swoop

swoop Founding Member

There was a football team trying to do something like this for the visiting team I think, maybe georgia? It was last year I think.

10. col reb

col reb Founding Member

I wish I had won that big ole lottery (for many reasons) But had I done so, I would take whoever I want to games like this. Don't know as I have ever shook hands with a Tiger player....football, basketball, or baseball.......Never owned season tickets..... If I were taking families of "potential players" would be a different story. If that couldn't be done, I would walk up to a family member, hand them two or three thousand, and say "Good Day." END OF STORY