Is it just me or do you think that we (LSU or Baton Rouge) should make sure that all

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Geaux Girl, Mar 26, 2006.

1. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

Re: Is it just me or do you think that we (LSU or Baton Rouge) should make sure that

And that, my friend, is pretty sad.

How much would getting the families to the game fire up these guys?! They might shut out UCLA if this would happen.

2. lsufaninmiss

lsufaninmiss GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Is it just me or do you think that we (LSU or Baton Rouge) should make sure that

It just seems like to me that a person could take whoever they wanted to the game and put them up in a hotel if they wanted to. I am talking about a fan, I just think if a person wanted to do something nice for somebody, then they should be able to.

They wouldn't do it through LSU or anything like that, they could just invite someone to go along with them if they want to. This is a free country we live in.

3. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

I believe a bunch of Georgia students tried to do that for the Boise St game. One of the BSU players had a father serving in Iraq and the Georgia fans came up with money to pay for his dad to come to the game. The NCAA nixed the idea, in their infinite wisdom. That's great, make millions of dollars off college athletes and don't let them enjoy any luxuries from time to time.

4. Indiana Tiger

Indiana Tiger Founding Member

The basic rule is that players and their families cannot receive special benefits due to their status as athletes that are not available to the student body and their families as a whole. It's purpose is to minimize legitimate creative ways of paying athletes, which would be exploited in a very unbalanced way by different schools. Could they (BTW: they are LSU and the other member schools, not some independent body) make an exception? Of course, it's just an arbitrary rule, but I think it's a pretty good one. You would be giving the traditional powers another feather in their recruiting hats by doing so. Personally, I think if you want to return some money to the players it would better to pay all athletes a stipend. That way a good percentage of it would be fullfilling needs rather than blowing it on a party.

5. LSU Rubi

LSU Rubi Founding Member

Or we could all just crash at Indiana Tigers house next weekend!!!!

:geauxtige :geauxtige :geauxtige :geauxtige :champs: :champs:

6. Indiana Tiger

Indiana Tiger Founding Member

I'm about as far away from Indy as you can get and still be in Indiana.