Is it me or is SLIVE and the SEC complete morons???....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUBud, Dec 1, 2003.

1. LSUBud

LSUBud Founding Member

I posted this below, but I think it merits its own strings.

And, please correct me if you believe that I am wrong - I will not take offense.

If Roy Kramer were still Commissioner, there is NO WAY IN HELL we'd be playing Georgia.

Right now, Georgia is #5. If Georgia doesn't play in the SECCG, they'd almost certainly get ONE BCS bowl.

If LSU were playing Tennessee or Florida, the winner of the SECCG would get one BCS bowl and Georgia would get another.

With LSU playing Georgia, the SEC is shooting itself in the foot by guaranteeing itself to only get ONE BCS bowl.

Further, this would GREATLY help LSU in getting the NC game as Georgia would not drop from its current #5, which it will almost certainly do if LSU defeat Georgia in the SECCG.

In short, the SEC is GIVING $14 million dollars to the Big 12 by guaranteeing a LESS THAN WORTHY Texas team a BCS bowl.

Way to go, SLIVE - YOU F*&(&*KING MORON!

MAYBE, JUST MAYBE, this is WHY Kramer allowed for the A.D.'s to vote in the event of a tie-breaker, i.e., they could SEE what would be BEST for the SEC, both in terms of N.C./bowl/$$$$ opportunities.

2. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

I think you are wrong about UGA getting an at-large BCS Bowl. UGA would have to be in the Top 4 to be guaranteed an at-large bid, and that wouldn't happen without USC or LSU losing.

It's no great secret that the Orange will select OSU as an at-large bid to play Miami and the Fiesta wants Texas as the other at-large bid. I see no way UGA slides into one of the at-large bids.

Obviously, it would have helped LSU's chances of playing in the Sugar Bowl if we played Tenn or Fla...

3. LSUBud

LSUBud Founding Member

I don't know about that. I've heard all the talk about which teams the bowls wanted to invite. However, I think that was all done with the assumption that LSU would play UGA in the SECCG. With Georgia's fan base, I think it would be hard to pass on a #5 UGA in favor of CLEARLY less worth OSU and Texas.

No offense to either, but OSU and Texas are about the two LUCKIEST teams to be in the BCS top 10. OSU barely beat just about every team on their schedule. Texas only really played OU and we saw what happened there.

Something tells me that UGA would almost certainly have been the odds on favorite to get a shot over these two. Especially since they are higher in all polls and the BCS.

4. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

The Fiesta has a Big 12 tie-in and has made it perfectly clear they will select a Big 12 team, if at all possible.

You could argue that UGA would have been selected for the Orange, but I think a rematch of last year's championship game would be hard for them to pass up.

Anyway, it's a moot point now ... and I still think LSU has a shot of going to the Sugar should we pound UGA in the SECCG!

5. LSUBeau

LSUBeau Freshman

Bud,

What do you expect from a man whose resume includes "Commissioner of CUSA?"

6. RiverRidgeTiger

RiverRidgeTiger Founding Member

I agree by Georgia staying put in the polls and us playing either Tennessee or Florida could have helped, but when they formulated this new tie breaking rule they were anticipating Tennessee losing at Miami and Florida beating FSU, thus we would have played Florida again.