Is it possible that our government has slide to far past center

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Crip*TEAM KATT, Mar 8, 2006.

1. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

But at what cost are Americans willing to except for that change?

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Explain. What costs are involved in the natural cycle of governments swinging from right to left?

3. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

Its not really the natural swing that I am worried about, its the times that it swings out of control.

It just seems that Americans are content with the way things are, or they believe that voting for a new party person will bring about change.

What I worry about is when the time comes, and it will come, that our government does spin outta control will Americans be able to stand together and put a stop to it.

At what cost will Americans open their eyes and see past the spin control?

4. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

of course you'd disagree with me BUT I've seen a gradual slide to the left over the years. The Moderates of the 60's were more to the right than the moderates of today. I call it an errosion of family values. It isn't just the government, it's all aspects of life. What was absolutely wrong for society just a decade or two ago, is fine for TV and society now.

I don't think there should be a "natural cycle". I don't think it is natural and I don't think our Government was meant to be that way. I think it was meant to be have all aspects of society represented so that the outcome would be not so far right or so far left, somewhere in the middle. And I think their should be some sense of responsibility to the public, and THAT is what is MISSING.

This cycle as you call it is nothing more than both parties insatiable desire for power, with no concern for the common man. If a party can spend the most money they can be in power.

I do believe their are still some good people in politics, they just get sucked into the void. If you can't play ball, they bench you. Hence any "good" politician we elect, is instantly informed of the "house rules", play ball with us or you get zilch. Cynical? yeah it is, Accurate? well it's just my opinion, be your own judge. Measure the results.

Bush? Cheney? Clinton? Hillary? We've gotten to where the only thing we can identify these men by are their moral values, which is good.... BUT what are they doing? I know who I like better, and why... BUT what changes have been made to greatly help society? a judge appointed? What laws have been passed? NAfta? what exactly has been done? I'll tell you what was done. A whole lot of talk about what they were going to do, what they tried to do, then excuses and finger pointing across the isle. bingo, nothing's been done and it will continue this way until it GETS INTO THEIR back POCKETS. Money buys political power, hence they have no sense of responsibility to the common man, once in office.

good day.

5. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

when a catastrophy occurs, hopefully this won't happen, because it would have to be bigger than 9-11. It could be an economic one, natural disaster, war, assasination, anything, look back through history. Rome tried to remain "status quo" right up until the end.

If society is to continue three things have to happen:
    1. strong military /national defense included, ( this means borders and crime control too )
    2 strong economy ( not tons of outsourcing, some yes but not wholesale like it is becoming AND some sort of affordable health care. How? I have no clue but someone does )
    3. very little social unrest, if you take care of the first two, this third one will take care of itself.

Basically get back to basics:

The Preamble

We the people
    In order to form a more perfect union,
    Establish justice, insure domestic tranquility,
    Provide for the common defense,
    Promote the general welfare and
    Secure the blessings of liberty
    To ourselves and our posterity
    Do ordain and establish this Constitution
    for the United States of America.