Is it time to lower the Corporate Tax Rate?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LaSalleAve, Mar 29, 2011.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Then, make your case that subsidies don't exist just because the bean counters call them expenses.

I offer this:

Report for Congress Oil and Gas Tax Subsidies: Current Status and Analysis

The friggin' Congress knows what a subsidy is when they create them. It is documented that Congress gives subsidies to Oil Companies. You can give them cute names, but they are still subsidies.

But this is all a distraction. Get back to the point. Why does a corporation that posts record profits require government welfare?

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Because they line the pockets of the legislators campaigns. Even the oil companies call them subsidies.

3. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Yes they are subsidies in the same manner that any other business deduction is a subsidy. You are preaching a buncha liberal spin becasue these are oil companies.

Do you call the property taxes Wal-Mart deducts subsidies forr big discount retailer? Do you call the deductions Ford takes on its payroll expenses subsidies for big car?

That is a stupid question that is just dishonest at its core. Why do you expect the oil companies not to get deductions? How would that even benefit anyone? Do you suppose the kind hearted oil companies would just eat the additional costs?

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Yes. This:

Supa's kicking your ass and you keep flailing from the dirt.

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

yeah, opinion always trumps fact. :rolleye33:

6. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Nothing I have stated is an opinion.

7. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I'm voting for Trump.

8. red55

Supa's full of chit and just admitted that subsidies are subsidies, even if they are deductions. You are full of chit for having nothing to add but insults.

9. red55

Thank you.

No, a special law of congress allowing a special tax break for a special interest is a subsidy. It's not the same kind of deductible expense as insurance and property taxes that all business and citizens can utilize.

Only if there is a law granting them special tax credits like the oil companies get. Asking me questions is not making your case. Give me an example of someone agreeing with you. Cite us the definition of "subsidy" or "business deduction" and prove that they are the same.

Only a fool disputes that subsidies even exist, just because a tax gnome pronounces them also a tax deduction. You are failing badly here.

:lol: Then why don't you answer it? Why does a company that makes record profits need and government handouts?

That wasn't the question. Answer the question.

Yes, I think they should pay their corporate taxes and that they should not receive corporate welfare from the taxpayers.

10. martin

martin Banned Forever

you think hey should pay taxes but didnt yu say they shouldnt be able to donate to campaigns? seems like taxatin without representatin.