Is it too early to do a preseason top 5 for 2011?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LaSalleAve, Jan 10, 2011.

1. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Oooohhh...forgot about tOSU and the penalties...Good point.

By the way, where does TCU fit into all this?? And Boise?? TCU may well start out on top...

2. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

I'm sure you watched the Florida game. JJ is gonna need every weapon at WR he can get and a 6'5" receiver that can go deep and catch fades in the end zone...teams salivate at the thought getting a receiver like that.

3. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Man, you just named his only other good game all year. I know the QB situation sucked...but he dropped a TON of balls. Reuben Randle is the guy next year, and there's a ton of talent there. Fobbs and Wright, and hopefully Shep can step up, learn to run routes, block, and of course, catch.
    -
    And how do we know JJ is gonna be the one throwing?

4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Wasnt TCU a senior heavy team?

Id say there is no way they repeat, but yo never know... Same for BSU..

5. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

UF? Really? I don't see that. Coming off a 7-5 season, new coach, no QB? Nope...MAYBE top 25, but they'll probably have to work their way into that.

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I am willing to bet Landry will have a nice freshman campaign at receiver as well. I agree about TT the only thing we lose with him is experience.

7. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Kellen Moore is coming back for sure. In that system, as long as Peterson is running it, they're gonna rack up numbers and wins, and garner a lot of BS attention from the media. They've lost 5 games in 5 years I think.

8. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

I agree Landry's ready...but not sure he'll play as much as the others mentioned.

9. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

I named it because he was the big difference maker in that game. Our offense didn't exactly utilize TT to the max but he is good for 1-2 games a year where he absolutely takes over. That could be the difference between a national championship and a cotton bowl.
    I'm sure others will step up but it's hard to replace a player like that.

I have nothing to believe that JJ won't be the starting QB next year after everything we've been through and the positive momentum we have going into next year. If someone else steps up then so be it, just as long as we have the best QB out there I could care less who it is.

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I think the voters will give them the benefit of the doubt because they are Florida, and the talent they have returning, and the hiring of Weis as the OC.