Is Les acting odd to you ?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TexasTigers, Nov 29, 2010.

1. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

O.K. O.K. everyone relax I am just getting some opinions I heard them talk on the Radio today about Les acting odd and I heard that comment on the Les Miles show and I was like. Huh.. That doesnt sound good, probably just reading to much into it.

2. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

LSU can hire a head coach as capable as Coach Miles, if necessary.

2 people like this.
  3. paducahmichael

paducahmichael Tiger Band Class of '73

After the Alabama game, Les spoke in an almost nostalgic way about the win and the fans and Tiger Stadium. Not in the usual "great game at Tiger Stadium" way - but it sounded more, I don't know, more permanent than that.

I've been watching him for the last few weeks and he has not quite seemed "himself".

Maybe he's just mellowed or something...but really does seem different to me.

4. TexasTigers

Really who ????
    I asked that question on a "Fire Les Miles" idiotic thread and no one could answer. Just a bunch of Jibberish and "LSU is the greatest program in the world every coach would line up to take this job" Horse hockey. That hasnt EVER been the case at LSU, so I assume that holds true.

Again I hope Les is here for awhile but lets say I dont know the unthinkable happens and Les decides to leave.

Who does LSU get, and dont tell me Nick Saban, Gruden or Peterson from Boise, Patterson TCU. None of them are leaving sorry.
    I am talking a legitimate top rate coach that will leave their current team for LSU. And take the purple and gold glasses off.
    Remember last two coaches although both worked out came from middle tier programs (Michigan State and Okie State) and BOTH hires we all were like "Who???" I will never forget the collective "That guy who LSU just hammered in the Independence Bowl" when Saban was hired... What a bad hire. Same with Miles....

So who ??? Again this is NOT a flame or anything its a legit question I am dying to get a legitimate opinion on. Because frankly I cannot think of three that would legitimately leave their current job that I would want over Miles. Heck even one....

5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Strap in folks, here we go again!

6. fokrab

fokrab Founding Member

Well... He did start eating "grass" during the Bama game. Always made me mellow :miles:

1 person likes this.
  7. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

LSU could replace Miles if necessary.

I don't have names in mind, but, in my opinion, if Coach Miles were to retire or leave LSU for some other reason, he could be replaced with someone just as capable.

What most football teams do when they need to replace a football HC is hire one of those Coaching Placement firms that are out there to conduct a search. I don't have any links, but, those firms are out there.

If I had to replace Coach Miles, I would hire one of these firms and make a selection based upon that. The selection may not be somebody whose name is nationally known right now.

You are talking about a legitimate top rate head football coach who would leave his team for LSU? Who knows? The Coaching Search firm's job is to find candidates confidentially and assist the University in choosing the right person for the job.

Yes, in my opinion, Coach Miles is not irreplaceable. LSU could find a head coach just as capable. Yes, LSU, if she had to, could hire an excellent head football coach, if the need arose.

8. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I kind of agree.

IF Les Miles leaves on his own accord, that would be one thing...but if he was forced out...

9. TexasTigers

Fair enough a legitimate response. I agree LSU could find a coach. I guess for me I kind of know what we get with Miles, I am not to terribly interested in starting over again or taking a chance. I have seen that story play out all to many times at Nebraska, OU, and recently Miami. Miles may not be perfect, but he is pretty darn good and fits this program pretty well.

10. paducahmichael

paducahmichael Tiger Band Class of '73

This. :geaux: