Is Les acting odd to you ?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TexasTigers, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

Coach Miles is not going to be forced out at LSU, IMHO.

He will be at LSU for many years.

2. kluke

kluke Founding Member

Texas Tiger - you just haven't been paying attention. WE ARE LSU!! Just because a couple of no tradition, no money, no fan passion programs like Michigan and Notre Dame have to grovel for coach doesn't mean we have to. We can get a coaching team with NFL and multi big college program experience that can recruit in Louisiana. The Kiffins and ED-O got to be ready to split - it's been a whole year.

Then there's the usual suspects you listed above, just because they say they have no interest - HELL Saban always says that. I bet all we have to do is flash the Tigerforum Boobie and Nice Hinie Threads and the hook is set.

Of course my favorite was several months back when someone posted that Les was an embarressment and we needed someone to restore dignity to the program - Mike Leach. :rofl::rofl: I can hardly type it for laughing.

Is Les the best coach in America - NOPE!
    Does Les make mistakes - YEP!
    If we had the best coach in America and he never made mistakes would people still complain - AB-SO-FRIGGIN-LUTE-LEE!!! I've been around here since people ripped Paul Dietzel - his first time around the Tiger block.

Les is a good fit for this program, and as someone said "the LSU coach is a 'Fit Job'" (Saban said it I think - as he was leaving and recommending Nutt). Not just anyone can fit here. Les is crazy enough to be one of us.

One question, what are the names of all those other guys that are batting 500 against Saban and Meyer? We play them every year, so that's qualification 1.

3. gynojunkie

gynojunkie "Pooties R Us"

This!

I'm laying in a case of Jack Daniels, 'cause this thread could take us through a long, cold winter! LOL!

1 person likes this.
  4. gynojunkie

gynojunkie "Pooties R Us"

...and I stated in another post that during the R-Kansas game it looked as though he'd swapped his Xanax for Haldol (Medspeak for looking more tranquilized than usual) on the sidelines.

--I'm NOT laughing......

5. kluke

kluke Founding Member

I have personal knowledge that the Hog grounds keepers put plugs of high THC Pot in the grass in the coaches area.

1 person likes this.
  6. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

I don't know if he's acting odd or not, or if this was his Swan Song, so to speak, but the comment he made after the game continues to baffle me. His post game interview wasn't his normal, "I think that if we had done such and such at the back end of the game" or "I'm disappointed in the outcome due to xyz", but rather a simple "this isn't how it was supposed to end for us". We all know Miles can say something that could mean 1000 different things or mean nothing. Just what was he saying? The use of the words "supposed to " is what has me wondering.

7. P&G Fan

P&G Fan GEAUX TIGERS!!

The only move Harbaugh makes is NFL bound and if Cowher doesn't take the Carolina job then Harbaugh is mentioned as the frontrunner! Also, reading speculation articles, Harbaugh and the AD at Michigan don't get along!!

I believe Miles feels he's accomplished what he can here and knows Michigan will be calling!! They'll match his salary at LSU!

8. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

Yep ... Miles will either go to Michigan ... or he'll stay here. It's the same scenario that played out in 2007. Last time, he chose to stay here.

There's something to be said about moving closer to home as you age. I'm assumming his extended family is in Michigan .. ya know, the kids, nieces and nephews, brothers sisters, .. maybe even a parent or two.

There's really nothing left for Miles to do here. He's won the SEC, NC, and built a good team. Lord knows Michigan could use a "builder" like Miles.

The only problem I see .. is ... how is Denard Robinson going to handle splitting time with Jordan Jefferson. [snickers]

9. Tigerbnd05

Tigerbnd05 National Champs 2003 2007

Where are you getting your info from?? :huh:
    They have never indicated they would be willing to match his salary here. He makes in the area of 3.75 mil here if not more. How is a state school in Michigan, where the economy is crap, going to fire a coach making 2.5 mil, pay off his contract and then go spend more on Les.

10. $TigerFan$

$TigerFan$ Father of CajinKid

I have on good authority when Miles leaves they will promote Crowton to head coach.:rofl::rofl::rofl::hihi::hihi::insane::eek: