Is Les acting odd to you ?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TexasTigers, Nov 29, 2010.

1. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Correct.

Michigan will absolutely NOT match his salary.

So if Les wants to take a pay cut for his dream job, then so be it.

I'm just curious as to how Michigan views Miles since the National Championship of 2007. The Ole Miss gaffe, the Tennessee debacle and even as late as the unthinkable Arkansas TD with 6 seconds left on the clock has obviously put into question in a lot of people's minds of what LSU has in Les Miles.

He'll definitely be a better fit than Rodriguez. But is he still their #1 guy or at the very least high on their list?

3. LEGACY TIGER

I don't disagree. Coaches like Saban are builders, and coaches like Miles are maintainers. The question which is harder to do? I would say in the short term a builder is very difficult, but in the long term a maintainer is tougher. It isn't easy to do either, but I think for the long term goals of a program a maintainer is harder. It's more difficult to stay at the top than it is to get there.

This isn't meant as a slight or comparison to Saban, it was just the easiest comparison I could think of.

4. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

Too easy,Miles for the last few years has been doing more hanging then maintaining. Bama will refocus, it's what we do, it's in our football DNA. All good coaches have to make major and miner adjustments, be it the first year or 10th, these coaches can do that.

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

You guys give Saban too much credit. It's not like the cupboard was bare when Saban arrived in Baton Rouge. He inherited some solid talent. The thing about Saban is that he was just a better in game Coach than Dinardo was, much better. The LSU house was built, but it was just sitting there rusting. Saban made what was already there flourish.

6. LEGACY TIGER

No one knows if Saban can maintain, he hasn't stayed anywhere long enough to find out. If I were you I would watch to see the immediate future. Your path looks very similar to the one that became his exit before.

7. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

His record at Okie St. disagrees with you.

8. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

He has actually said it himself that it is easier to build than to maintain.
    Yep. Same regular season record as he had following his NC at LSU, which, as we all know, was his last season at LSU.

9. LEGACY TIGER

He still had to build it back up, it's just that the tools were already there, same with Bama. Which just further makes my point that it is harder to be a maintainer.

10. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

When Penn State comes available, if I was a Bama fan I would be vewy vewy nervous.
    That is right in Saban's wheel house.
    Close to his home, huge stadium, rebuilding project, strong fan base, and the program is big enough for his ego.

I know many Bama fans think "Saban found his dream job" I know its easy to think that way. But dont kid yourself. Saban is no more loyal to Bama than he was any other stop.
    Its just a job to him, one he does well. He may not leave but Saban is not a Bama man. He is a hired gun who has done pretty well.
    Except recently when he got out coached by Miles and gave up a 24 point lead at home...
    But like you said "They will refocus" like the rest of the SEC wont...

1 person likes this.