Is les miles really a good coach?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by christiantiger, Nov 17, 2009.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

By whose standards? Potential is a highly subjective thing. Maybe you think their potential is not yet reached, but who knows? Would Meyer have tapped that? Saban? We can't know. I prefer objective measurements like wins and losses.

2. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

Les Miles is a good coach.

But eventually, what matters most, won't be just the winning percentage.

There are certain games, fans and boosters will not tolerate losing to, too many times.

LSU has tasted recent success, they know it came through florida, georgia, their rivals Bama, AWbarn.

Every year, there are just certain teams you just have to beat, to get where you want to go.

If our teams don't win those games, even 10 and 2 seasons won't do it in the long run.

3. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

Gators have the Tebow thing going

Bama is in the middle of the perfect storm that will not last- Tenn LSU and Auburn just a little off!

We will not always lose to the Gators and Bama!

CLM is a great coach and I do not want to look for a new guy!

:milesmic:

4. smistretta

smistretta raleightiger

Miles is 3-2 vs Bama and 2-2 vs Florida....So yeah he is a good coach. Does he frustrate me? No doubt, but is he a good coach...

5. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Your own standards; don't try to apply Izzy's or MM's or mine. Who cares about Meyer or Saban; neither is coach of the LSU Tigers in 2009. In your valid opinion as a learned football fan, how many times has our team played to its potential this year?

6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

He's a piece of junk who is on the verge of winning 53 games in his first 5 years here.

10.6 wins a year?

Top 5 team the last 4 out of 5 years?

We could do a lot better. :insane:

1 person likes this.
  7. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

Excellent use of sarcasm. Nice mix of facts and opinions. Love the emoticon choice.

I'm gonna have to give this post a 10, Bob.

8. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

:dis:

9. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

He has beaten both. Last year we lost to Bama only during overtime and this year with our top 3 offensive players out of the game we still were still leading until the final minutes of the game. When you say he wins games he is only supposed to win, I guess you mean Ohio State, Virginia Tech, Notre Dame, Miami, and Georgia.

He is one of the winningest coaches in the nation and has won both conference and national championships. Almost every year he gives us a top 5 recruiting class. But some people just are never satisfied. Unless the coach wins every game he plays and take the national championship every year, well he just isn't that good. GOD!

10. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

And then you'll have naysayers retorting with things like "well with that kind of talent, we should win every game, every year. Like there aren't teams that don't put together outstanding units out there.

It's called being spoiled