Is LSU flying under the radar in 06?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by locoguano, Jul 12, 2006.

1. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Guess you could say that about every team in the SEC, or just about every team in the country for that matter. Since LSU had the second most guys named to the coaches pre-season All SEC team than I think we can say we aren't flying under the radar IMO.

2. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I think in that regard we are being underrated. People see that we lost starters, and they don't look at anything else because the guys stepping up are relatively unknown on the national level. I think this happens anytime you have great recruiting over time and a large turnover in one year though, especially with the lines because it is so hard to know whether the recruiting rankings will hold as indicators of talent.

3. MemphisLSUTiger

MemphisLSUTiger Founding Member

It's the 4th quarter, 2 minutes left, LSU down by 4.

Who would you rather have behind center?

4. youcandoit1687

youcandoit1687 Founding Member

flynn had a great running back and oline performance in the peach...during the second half of the season, when JR "struggled" was also the same time when addai was injured...coincidencE?

5. youcandoit1687

youcandoit1687 Founding Member

JR was also pretty clutch in the ASU game. wow the memories...lol

the DLine is possibly the hardest place to judge talent. look at how many NFL busts there have been...it is somewhat of a grabbag

6. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

What got us in this position in the first place? Russell may be clutch in the waning moments of a game, but I remember many lackluster offensive performances that required a final offensive hurrah to get the win. Everyone here seems high on Russell and I've seen what he is capable of; we shall see how the season unfolds, I don't think anything but seeing him do it for a whole game will change my mind. Flynn would have had plenty of excuses if he wouldn't have performed so well in the bowl game, but the offense looked great and he was at the helm. I'm afraid Russell might be another Booty - wasn't Booty an all-SEC QB one year? I'm not sure how high you guys are on Booty, I was never impressed. Whatever the stats were, the end result was an offense lacking a dominant spirit.

7. cajdav1

Booty and Russell have absolutely nothing in common in the way they play the game except for strong arms. Russell was much more consistent, is much better when the chips are down and the game is in the balance and he he's a winner.

I'm guessing that many LSU fans expect our QB to be all world every game without any hiccups, no matter what grade he is in. What soph. QB have we seen have a better all around season than Russell did? Hodson maybe? Why all of a sudden do we expect our QB to never make mistakes?

8. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I saw Russell get us in as many binds as he got us out of. Receivers mysteriously dropped passes when Booty was qb, similar to the way they dropped Russell's passes all season. I guess our receivers were exhausted, depressed, and generally oblivious all season and learned over the course of a month how to catch again in time for Flynn's only start. That's what you folks seem to believe. I was younger when Hodson was qb, but I remember LSU playing some see-saw games with him under center.

9. cajdav1

What a BS post. Now you're making crap up and making incoherent posts to validate your feelings.

10. LSUfreshman21

LSUfreshman21 Founding Member

I know this sounds horrible coming from an LSU fan, but I would love to see Flynn struggle agaisnt a very good defense and and maybe over throw a receiver:eek: . It would just show you guys that everything Flynn touches doesn't turn to gold and that he doesn't piss wine. MF is a good qb, but everything worked for him in the peach bowl. His O-lineman, running game, all the time and space in the world to throw the ball....... Maybe I am wrong though. Possibly if this guy was at the helm then we would beat every team in the nation 40-3.

edit- jacked in the face is a little too much