Is Mauck able to play in Cotton Bowl?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by chuck, Dec 11, 2002.

1. chuck

chuck Founding Member

You guys may have addressed this, I can't remember how long he is going to be out.

Thanks in advance.

2. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Nope he is done for the year.

3. TexasTigers

Chuck, how is the Aubie nation seeing the game against the vaunted Penn State ? Wish we got to play in sunny warm Florida and a decent time.

4. chuck

chuck Founding Member

hopeful optimism . .

For the most part I don't think any of us have seen anything on PSU's team to scare us. Johnson is a big strong back, but we have had a ton of success against that type of back. I would VERY concerned if we were playing Oklahoma and Quentin Griffin, its that type of small quick back (Addai, S. Williams, Fred Talley) that has given us troubles.

Obviously our play since the 2nd half of the UF game has loaded us with confidence - but we realize PSU has pretty much had a season that has mirrored us.

My final breakdown would be this:

1) If either team can't run against the other - they are finished.
    2) We don't need to rush for 350 yards or anything b/c their pass defense seems a bit suspect (Based on stats - which could be misleading).
    3) I like our pass defense against their passing O. I think we will be able to committ more to the box to stop Johnson and rely on our secondary to make big plays.

Overall - I am VERY excited about it. If we win, it should mean a top 15 finish and a possible top 10 preseason ranking next year.

How do you feel about your game vs. the t-sips?

5. TexasTigers

Well I think the SEC will kill anyteam from that conference. I think Miss State would beat them. SO I am confident Auburn can handle them.

As far as us against the Sips.

Well..... If I am honest I think we get the tar kicked out of us, based on how OUR team has done in the last 5 games and how UT has done all season. We have little confidence now and Marcus is just not very good.

But my heart Says LSU can not dissapoint us anymore this year and we sneak out a win.

6. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

Might never play again

I was at the UK game and I went to a sports bar after the game called Damons. I met a couple of Tiger fans and we started talking the subject of Mauck came up and this person said he new the Doctor that worked on Mauck and said he might never play again. It had something to do with his toes and the bottom side of his foot he spread his toes apart somehow in the Tackle at Fla and he will have pain for the rest of his life where he pushes off to run.

Now this was just a person in a Bar but I have gotten some confirmation from others that they have heard the same thing.

7. chuck

chuck Founding Member

that

would be an absolute shame.

8. Eleven

Eleven Founding Member

that would be a horrible shame

however...he's a straight A student and will become a doctor....so all is not lost with him

from pro baseball player to starting QB at a major Div 1 program (hopefully further) to a doctor.....now who are we feeling sorry for?..heh..kidding of course, but yes, he'll be fine whatever happens.