Is Meyer Having Second Thoughts?

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by COTiger, Dec 27, 2009.

1. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

2. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Possible their search for a suitable replacement is not going well. Who knows, I took his resignation based on health issues as a way out now that they stand to lose a ton of talent and key staff members... although noone really knows the truth but Meyer.

3. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Nice work if you can get it -- make mega-millions, sit out a year, then come right back.

:geauxtige

4. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

So, a new coach would agree to come in and coach UF for just one year then hand the reigns back over to UM? Doubt it. If he pulls out now, he would have to reenter coaching at a different school if he comes back in just a year. Does he have a press conference today? I think he will be able to clarify stuff like this. Remember how many articles were coming out after Tigers accident? All kinds of innuendo and speculation.

5. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

They aren't hiring a new head coach for a year. They are naming the OC as the interim head coach for 2010 if the article is accurate.

6. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

No way UF should go for this, but I know they won't be able to resist.

You can't just let the guy take indefinite leave until he thinks he can coach again. What happens to your program in the meantime? They can't be just left hanging like that.

7. Berge

Berge Founding Member

Right. This seems unfair to Florda.

Yes, the man is going to go down as their greatest Corch ever, but how can they put their program on hold for a year?

What happens if they struggle next year?

In their first 6 games, they play @Tennessee, @Bama, and host LSU. This is a group of players and fans who have not faced adversity for two years. The fans will jump ship if they lose those three games.

Will he come back early?

A lot of "What ifs" in this situation.

8. TigerBacker70

TigerBacker70 I'm the Cock of the Walk!

You guys are nuts. Why wouldn't they let him take a season off to get healthier and come back if he wants to? I mean all he's done us won 2 of the last 3 national championships. A ton of games. SEC championships. Dominated in recruiting.

If it were CLM here at LSU in the same circumstance, most of the posters here would want him back after a season off.

9. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

10. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

Meyer needs to go head and let Bobby Bowden coach(be on the sideline letting assistants coach) for a year