Is Meyer Having Second Thoughts?

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by COTiger, Dec 27, 2009.

1. Berge

Berge Founding Member

You are talking short-term versus long-term.

Do you risk a sub-par season for Meyer? The easy answer is yes, but you are talking about possibly throwing away the senior seasons for some players. That is the difference between college and the NFL.

2. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Yea, he mentioned in the presser that he didn't tell his family of the decision until they boarded the plane. Just my guess, but I doubt the family is 100% behind his change of heart.

3. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I heard that Kiffen has applied for the interim job at Florida since Tennessee may go on probation soon because of the "hostess cupcake" scandal.

:lol::popcorn:

4. TigerBacker70

TigerBacker70 I'm the Cock of the Walk!

I don't know why it has to automatically be a "throw away" season if he's not at the helm. Nobody on staff currently could coach the Gators to winning football games? Strong was just made a head coach so somebody saw potential in him. How do assistants ever become head coaches? Opportunity. I like to think that one of those position coaches or coordinators who also has the title "assistant head coach" could step up and handle it for a season. Maybe he could go 9-3. That should be good enough to keep the fans happy, right? I mean to expect to win or at least strongly contend for the SEC title or a NC every season is not realistic for any team or coach, no matter how much talent they have, is it?

5. Herb

Herb Founding Member

You mean the "Ho"-stess scandal?

6. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

My bad !!:cool:

7. $TigerFan$

$TigerFan$ Father of CajinKid

Sounds like a chicken $hit ploy to me. He takes off while the talent pool is depleted and blames the bad season on someone else. All the while his record stays in tact. Ego run a muck is a dangerous thing. EVERYONE can be replaced. If he was really concerned about his health and family he would do the right thing and let Saban take over.:rofl::popcorn:

1 person likes this.
  8. wjray

wjray .-.. ..- -.- .

Now if only CUM would have shown up as FSU's coach in February, then we could have said that UF got Favred.

:geauxtige:geauxtige:geauxtige

9. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

This scheme will end badly for some, could be a lot, could be just Urban, but this is not how you run a railroad...or a football team.

hwr

1 person likes this.
  10. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers