Is Michigan still Les Miles' "Dream Job"?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by locoguano, Nov 27, 2010.

1. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: Watching Michigan play OSU today, Les would sure have a hell of lot less talent to work with if he made the move to UM. Maybe not starting from scratch but pretty damn close, especially on defense. And based on that he'd be just about guaranteed to lose at least his first two games against Ohio St., which would take the luster of his arrival pretty quickly. Talk about a hot seat! UM has lost six in a row to tOSU and they want someone to come in an win NOW.

Not saying Les couldn't win up there, but he's got a hell of lot better gig here at LSU, IMO. He's got the LSU program at an elite level now and for years to comes assuming he continues to recruit at the level he has in the past. And from what I've read his family is extremely happy here and are very active in the local community and sports. The kids all play multiple sports and his wife coaches girls AAU basketball. Those kids have basically grown up in Baton Rouge and La. is "home" to them for the most part and they're pretty comfortable here. Les is the type who would take stuff like that into consideration. You can never say never but I think (and hope) he stays. :LSU231:

2. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

That is the answer I was looking for... "Find your own Michigan"... nearly teared up there... If that is how Les feels about LSU and Louisiana then my respect for him just climbed several notches...

Now... I just wish someone would buy him a watch ;)

3. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

Les has one hell of a winning record here and he is doing it in the nations toughest conference. I went for a haircut the other day and all the men there were split 50/50 on miles. I don't understand how a coach who wins like miles does has so many people who seam to hate him. I was pissed after the tenn game about him sticking with jj but we are #5 bcs and have only one loss by only one touchdown. Miles knows more about his team than we all do. There are still people who really hate him. Not just disagree with him but hate his guts. I hope he stays because he wins and he's entertaining. I wouldn't blame him for leaving with all the hate out there. He got no respect at all by callers on his radio show several times this year and he is going to get sick of it one day. I just hope that all the positives outway the hate in his choice in staying a tiger

4. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

Keeping my fingers crossed.

5. P&G Fan

P&G Fan GEAUX TIGERS!!

I wouldn't be surprised to see Miles head north!! Michigan will pay him too!!

6. P&G Fan

P&G Fan GEAUX TIGERS!!

Miles phone is ringing and wishes the game would end so he can answer!!!

7. white river

white river Veteran Member

re

let him gooooooooooo

8. geneinga

geneinga Veteran Member

I was one of those who wrote off LSU's successes after Saban, initially. After having had a front row seat on the fifty for the last few weeks as coach Miles recruited my friend's son, my respect for him has risen exponentially. He's the kind of coach that can keep lots of talent coming to Baton Rouge for the foreseeable future. Don't forget that.

Even though LSU is among the top coaching destinations in college football, I think it would be hard to upgrade at the head coach position. I also, as an outsider looking in, think you guys expect too much of Crowton.

I'm hoping that the coaching staff remains largely the same and that Mett becomes the key that unlocks the potential of Crowton's offense.

When you're consistently a top-ten team but you find things to be unhappy about, you can bet you're spoiled. That's okay, though.

I can definitely see another NC within the realm of possibility in the near future.

Sorry about the loss tonight, but Mallett has finally reached his awesome potential. You guys have had another premier season. Be proud of your coaches and players.

3 people like this.
  9. LSUpathdoc

LSUpathdoc Trust me, I'm a Doctor

After tonight I would help him pack

10. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

I respectfully disagree about Crowton. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect an OC to produce an offense finishing in the top 50 with the talent level LSU consistently brings in. Instead, after 3 years with 2 veteran QBs we can barely crack the top 100. With his production at LSU and history going back to BYU, there's more going on here than just "bad QBs", which Crowton is responsible for developing. If Mett decides to come to LSU he deserves to have a top-notch QB coach for the sake of his career, and Crowton ain't it.