Is Michigan still Les Miles' "Dream Job"?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by locoguano, Nov 27, 2010.

1. LSUpathdoc

LSUpathdoc Trust me, I'm a Doctor

I agree Crowton has over stayed his welcome

2. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

I'm not concerned about "Miles to Michigan."

I don't expect it to happen.

Coach Miles has it pretty good at LSU. He's a good coach, and, he can be successful here for a long time -- making a good bit of money.

1 person likes this.
  3. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: Come on Doc. :rolleye33: The man is 61 - 17 in six years! What did you really expect this year, 12 - 0 and in the NC game? If so, you set the bar a bit too high to say the least. 10 - 2 with this years team was exceptional. I don't agree with everything CLM does but you can't argue with his success here. Is an avg of 10 wins per year unsuccessful in your view of things?

And just for a little perspective, Mack Brown was 5 - 7 at Texas and lost five games at home this year. CUM was 7 -5 at Florida and got his ass handed to him yesterday by Jimbo and the 'Noles, in addition to us, 'Bama and MISS ST! And little Nicky is 9 - 3 at mighty 'Bama and catchin' shyt for Auburn comin' back and stickin' up his butt from 24 down. Even the "high & mighty" of college football have their tough times. We could have it a lot worse than 10 - 2.

It's really sad when folks are bitchin' about a 10 - 2 season. :rolleye33: Just remember back in the 90's when just a winning season would have made everybody want to rush the field and tear down the goal post. It ain't that bad now. When adjustments on the staff are made (Crowton & hopefully Studrawa gone) and with the young talent LSU has the next few years could be phenomenal. :thumb: Keepin' the faith. :LSU231:

1 person likes this.
  4. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

We will keep the faith.

For whatever reason or reasons, nobody expected LSU to have a 10-2 regular season ( and I'm talking about LSU fans, not national media). So, Coach Miles led the team to a better result than most expected.

And that's not all! Coach Miles has improved the W/L record from last year and year before. So that is a trend of improvement.

That's strong stuff! However, I'll stay with my prediction that neither Michigan nor any other football team would be interested in hiring Coach Miles away from LSU.

1 person likes this.
  5. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

my gut is telling me Les is going North

6. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Unless he is going to recruit someone from up north,Your gut is wrong.:thumb:

7. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Why this post suddenly?

8. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: I think he's bored. Haven't seen anything mentioning Miles becoming Michigan's prime target. :LSU231:

9. TigerCliff

he is the #2 pick

just watch #1 and see what he does

10. TigerCliff

From ESPN:

"It appears as if athletic director Dave Brandon will wait until after Michigan's bowl game before he makes an announcement on the fate of coach Rich Rodriguez, from which we can only deduce that Brandon plans to replace the embattled coach.

After all, Michael Rosenberg of the Detroit Free Press points out, Brandon isn't going to learn anything about RichRod and the program in the next five weeks that he doesn't already know, and if he plans to bring Rodriguez back there's no reason he couldn't say so now. Leaving his coach in limbo just undermines his authority with the team and on the recruiting trail.

Moreover, if Brandon waits until after Jan. 1 to fire Rodriguez, the coach's buyout drops from $4 million to $2.5 million (does this mean that despite the NCAA violations, Brandon has determined that he cannot fire Rodriguez with cause?); it would allow rumored target Jim Harbaugh to coach Stanford's bowl game; and it would give Rodriguez time to look for another job (perhaps bringing about a scenario in which Rodriguez resigns and is not fired).

All that said, one thing might make Brandon move more quickly: By January, NFL owners will have a pretty good idea whether they plan to change coaches, meaning that there conceivably could be more (and deeper-pocketed) suitors for Harbaugh.