Is Michigan still Les Miles' "Dream Job"?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by locoguano, Nov 27, 2010.

1. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: OK. Who's #1, Harbaugh? I've read a couple of articles saying that and I believe it. But I haven't read an article anywhere that said Michigan was even considering Miles. Not sayin' they aren't, but where did you read/see that? Just curious. :LSU231:

2. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

The Michigan beat writer was on with Buddy this week and said that Miles has many supporters and he said that it will be Harbaugh or Miles !

He also said it will go down the week of Jan 1st and put Miles on the hot seat again right before a big game.

I hope CLM stays in BR but I do have a bad feeling about it.:milesmic::LSU231:

3. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: Miles also has a lot of detractors up there, and probably still does. Remember when Carr retired it came out that he (Carr) didn't like Miles and actively led the campaign against his hiring. Carr is still involved up there, so who knows. I know I'm biased, but I think CLM has it much better overall at LSU than he would at Michigan. Stronger conference, better recruiting base, facilities, etc. But I guess you can never say never though. Wish Michigan's AD would just go ahead and do it before the bowl though. Maybe RichRod will go over the deep-end before then and he'll have to! :hihi: :LSU231:

4. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

I'm waiting for ESPN to break the news.. if they say he's going, he's going....

Wait... er, uhm....

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

hope they do, that means we are going to kick the crap out of the faggies.

6. alfredeneuman

alfredeneuman Founding Member

My guess (worth about as much as the paper I used to wipe my ass today) is RichRod gets canned, and neither Miles nor Harbaugh goes to Michigan.

I gotta agree with paradise - I, too, was a little surprised by Cliff's post.

7. TigerCliff

I bumped this for only one reason - Jan 1st it will be a big deal when RR gets canned. No way he gets canned and this AD doesn't have a plan.

I think some of the fire was missing from CLM in the Hog game and I think the wheels are in motion. If it is a fact that RR will be fired Harbaugh and Miles have already been talked to and I think one of them said yes.

:milesmic::LSU231:

8. NavyTiger

NavyTiger dunn dunn it all

I say Miles is going to stay, that is my gut feeling.
    If Michigan fires Rich Rod then they should get Harbaugh. At Stanford I'm sure he doesn't make much money, the fan base is horrible there. Just about everything is better at Michigan for the long run.

9. TigerCliff

hope your gut is better than my gut

10. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

I will say this in regards to your gut feeling. 1st let it be known that I do not wish for Miles to go anywhere. The person that I talk to that has some connections to the inner workings and I were talking about Miles and Crowton the other day. His response to me was somewhat odd. I asked, so what's the word on Miles, is he thinking about going to Mich, and/or is Miles working on getting rid of Crowton?

His response,"to be quite honest there hasn't been any rumblings about either topic from the people I talk to. In fact it's been unusually quiet". I asked what do you mean, unusually quiet. He said,"really, almost like there is something that is being hidden, like a secret or something." I said, well if nothing is going on then there wouldn't be anything to talk about, so what's the big deal? He said, "you're not hearing me, listen there is always talk of this possibly happening or that. So and so coach was talked to by xyz school, so and so coach is really on the hot seat and if he doesn't do this he could get canned. There's always some sort of topic being passed around in the inner circles, but there isn't anything right now." I said, so what you're saying is that nobodies talking because there maybe something up. He said,"yep, but I don't know what. Could mean nothing and it's just because the coaches and team are focused on getting ready for the bowl or it could be because something brewing behind really closed tight doors."

Now take it for what it's worth, as he said it could mean nothing, but he was pretty curious as to why things are so quiet. I'll also point out that he is someone who really want Crowton and Miles gone, so he usually is looking for info in that regard. So, not hearing anything may just have him alarmed that what he wants may not happen.