Is Miles Really wanted in Michigan?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by $TigerFan$, Jan 7, 2011.

1. $TigerFan$

$TigerFan$ Father of CajinKid

I hated to start a new thread being Gameday, but does the fan base in Michigan really like Miles?

From reading different UM forums, trying to find some info, it seems to me the majority can't stand him. They talk about his first time indiscretions, that Bo didn't care for him, and Carr can't stand him. I curious because this is the first I hear of him being ripped like this. I certainly don't agree with most of what I read, because although he infuriates me at times with the in game management, I think he is a good guy and a good fit for our program. Am I missing something?:huh:

What Gives?

Oh and once again it's game day.......Geaux Tigers!!!!:tigereye:

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I think the fanbase is in panic mode. I think their little va j-j's may be hurt a little bit from 07, but ultimately I think the media has pushed this "Michigan Man" thing so far down their throats they all believe that the only person who can right the ship is a "Michigan Man" their choice is obviously Harbaugh, but that isn't going to happen, so who is the next likely candidate?

3. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Psst, try non LSU ones.:lol:

4. $TigerFan$

Thanks! Fixed it, brain was moving faster than fingers.:lol:

1 person likes this.
  5. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

It was my understanding that he and Bo were on good terms and that he looked at Bo as a mentor. He even called Bo before taking the LSU job and got his approval / thoughts (I even heard that he turned down a previous job offer from another school because Bo said it wouldn't be good).

The Carr comment however is true. Carr didn't like Les and spoke out against him, at least in '07.

The UM fans are panicy right now but they'd jump at the chance to snatch CLM. The guy has a NC ring, has averaged 10 wins while at LSU, and he's Michigan bred.

I looked up the "Have a great day" speech Les made in '07 and MAN that was awesome. You could tell he was really pissed. He also looked a lot leaner and hungrier in the video. Louisiana has fattened him up since the NC. It could be he just wants to coach UM and then retire with a ring. He definitely hasn't shown that same fire in press conferences this year.

6. $TigerFan$

These were my thoughts as well. I really don't think they see the same man we see. I could be wrong and a ton of skeletons could come out the closet when he leaves, but he hasn't shown us that he is dirty. I read post of him being shady and crooked when it comes to recruiting, and how Bo Pelini hated working for him, etc., etc.
    I just don't buy it. If it were true we would see signs of that by now.

Maybe everyone is jealous of our 61 wins in the last 5 years.:lol:

7. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

Michigan fans like most only hear the negatives of Miles. Like his 4th down calls, bad clock management, and how he's really not that great of a coach. I don't think most Michigan fans want Miles but would rather a more stable coach who presents himself better. That's their loss because they don't hear about his recruiting, clean program, player loyalty, and wins in big games (this should stand out to Michigan fans). I'm glad he's ours because LSU has a unique dynamic with him and they sure can't argue with his success.

8. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

The scouts site I was directed to yesterday was a Michigan board and most of the post praised miles' winning record and said he was perfect for them. I guess it matters what thread u are on but for the most part they were exicited and confident miles was headed for Michigan. They said the deal was already made and they were waiting for after the cotton bowl to go public. I say there is a 80% chance that les goes and that there are less than ten people that know. I don't want it to happen but I have a gut feeling he is gone. After getting booed in tiger stadium and the complete pricks that called in every week on the les miles show on the radio I don't blame him for saying eff it I'm out of here.

9. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

Because there are absolutely zero Michigan fans anywhere who would also do this. :rolleye33:

10. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

I'm sure the mich fans are just as bad as the bad apples we have. I am just upset that we will prob lose miles. But who knows there may be an upside. Our next coach will come here with an open mind and we will have a competition for every position. Not saying there isn't now but there will be no loyalities to any players and each person will have a fresh chance to prove himself to the new coach.